Mighty Mount Failure and Need Solutions to Replace

MerpsMom

Charter Member
Hi, all! Back to needing your great advice. Seems no matter how long you're framing, you always do!

I did a lovely shadowbox with a personalized bat, two balls and a photo. In 2014. Got it back yesterday with failure on the bat mounts in both places, and both bottoms on the ball holders. I've put in a call to Mighty Mounts but haven't heard back yet.

Question: if they don't have these pieces anymore, what's a good replacement. The MMs are great-looking, but I don't want to see this thing come back again. (However, I'll be dead by then, but that won't help the customer.)

Hope you're all well, safe, and warm. The world is keeping my head spinning and my attitude tenuous; but being a libertarian optimist, the face stays passive in the presence of hyperbole and the swear jar gets fed out of sight.

Thanx for any suggestions....for the shadowbox. :)

Cathie

Rick Granick

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Those are made of a type of plastic that deteriorates with age and exposure to light. Ditch them and replace them, with dedicated acrylic holders.
Gemini and Superior are two suppliers that come to mind.
:coffeedrinker2: Rick

MerpsMom

Charter Member
It was not Mighty Mounts I used. The owner and I had a nice chat and he's never carried these types of devices for bats and balls. I have a call into Superior. Hope they get back.

Glad to clear up that at least these were not a product I used, and I might have disparaged without checking.

Cathie

Larry Peterson

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Resource Provider
Another problem that a 3D printer can help with. Here are a few possibilities. And of course with a 3D printed model, you can design your own, choose your own color or modify an existing design.

https://www.yeggi.com/q/baseball+bat+holder/ "baseball bat holder" 3D Models to Print - yeggi

Baseball_Bat_holder.png