MicroTak plastic tabs

Jean McLean

CGF, Certified Grumble Framer
From
Millinocket, ME, USA
I am about to purchase the Attach - EZ from Fletcher-Terry and wonder what type of colored pens to buy? I am worried about coloring the plastic tabs that hold the items for shadowboxes. A few years from now will the color fade and suddenly the plastic tabs sticks out like a sore thumb. I have seen plastic tabs on price tags in the stores and they show up a lot. Is the Attach - EZ the same way? Hope not. I would rather sew even if it takes longer. I'm fussy and can sew just about anything without it showing.

Ron Eggers

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
From
Wisconsin
Jean, we're all fussy, otherwise we wouldn't be so damned prosperous.

I use an assortment of medium-point Sharpies - the eight-pack has enough colors to work so far. I don't delude myself into thinking that any marker is truly light-fast but, if you're careful, you can hide the fasteners in seams and folds.

Dancinbaer

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
From
De Pere, WI
Someone advised me to use artists markers which come in all different shades of colors. I matched the color as close as I could. The fastners are so small you can't see them unless you know where to look. The markers are sold at most artist supply stores.