• Welcome! You will have to register a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.
Picture framers only resource

Melting Bumpons again

jvandy57

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
Well,
I've searched the archives and found some of the old topics, but there was reference to a letter from 3M and the only one I found was from a tech service **** that said "Wow that's strange"

Does anybody have a link to the post?

What about 3M's #

I just had a customer call and bring in the piece. It is the strangest thing I've seen. There is also a white bumper in one corner and it's fine. The customer is NOT HAPPY!

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team

JRB

PFG, Picture Framing God
Jerry, just stop using those plastic bumpons altogether. Larson Juhl sells some great brown felt bumpers. They come in 3/8" and 5/8". I've been using them for over thirty years and I have never had a problem.

John

jvandy57

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
John,
These were put on the art in 1994, Before I even owned this shop. I use felt now. But, need to contact 3M about the old ones.

LifeSaver Software New Website
;Added 5/9/20 MPL to disable rich text editor by default for IOS devices that have bug in browser