• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.
FrameReady Special Offer - Call 888-281-2202

Mat Board Cutting Calculator

K

kforce

I am a retired photographer.
Over the years, I needed to frame a lot of photographs.
Not large enough to have it outsourced, I framed everything my self. 40 years ago I made my own mat-cutting program in the days of "CPM", then a "DOS" version, then "Windows", and now I have made a "Windows GUI" version. I built each version with the features, input-values, output-values and information for the way I cut mats and frame. I however believe others might like the way it works. I would have loved such a program when I first started framing.

It might be to simplistic for this forums average user, however if someone uses a simple "Logan", Fletcher", or "Dexter" style mat cutter, calculations are needed.

The graphical interface let me include a scaled drawing of the mat-board and art-photo area from the input data. You can see what the project will look like and if you change values, and re-calculate, see what effect the changes have.

If you use the software I would love feedback. (Good or Bad)

The software is small, fast, and free. It should run in Vista, Win-XP, 7, 8, 10.

Link to page with screen captures, download, and more information.

http://www.kurtebertphoto.com/kmat/

Thank You
Kurt

LifeSaver Cloud from LifeSaver Software, Inc.