Grumbler in Training
Vendor
Featured Vendor Forum Sponsor
From
new york
Business
mfr. framing clamp USA made
Hello Grumblers
A discount code for Grumble members is active now Apr throughout May (30 days) on-site:
As requested I set up our server to allow a FREE SHIPPING discount for the G members (with code)
All you have to do at checkout is use this code: grumble (all lower case) that will leave your total order charged clamps only., ( no minimum order)
(Normally without code, a charge of $22 per clamp is added )
The discount applies to MasterClamp's latest models:
V5-Pro 2022 (for deep stem moldings, Shadow-box, and canvas floaters) as deep as 5" and beyond.. (guaranteed to work with all moldings/profiles)*
V5-Basic 2022 (for all/ any popular mouldings ) both models clamp-opening/ rabbet 3.5"
please feel free to contact me should you have any questions or special requests, (onsite or personally below)
Avi Gombinsky/ MasterClamp development
917-520-7370
Cheers
* return/ refund policy: full refund or exchange (with no time limit or conditions, period!)

watch V5-Pro in action

watch V5-Basic in action

watch V5-Basic used in a workshop setting

Attachments

• slide1.png
    slide1.png
    457.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Avi Gombinsky

Grumbler in Training
Vendor
From
new york
Business
Hey there,
sorry about that., going to check right now on the server, and back to you in a few

Avi Gombinsky

Grumbler in Training
Vendor
From
new york
Business
checked ok,
Probably should have explained it in more detail:
Normally $22 per clamp is added at checkout unless you provide this code: grumble
so for example, if you order one v5-pro (cost $399) you will be charged at checkout an additional $22 shipping total of $421
So if you see at checkout after you entered only $399 go for it because that would apply GUARANTEED,
can always provide you w a full refund partial etc.. (via PayPal takes seconds..)
And btw regardless our return/ refund policy is a full refund with NO time limit or any conditions, period!
you are welcome to always contact/ call me for the above
Avi Gombinsky 917-520-7370

Avi Gombinsky

Grumbler in Training
Vendor
From
new york
Business
clamps weigh 9 pounds ea or 4-5 pound depending on model, and right now orders take 2 weeks to ship (high volume orders),
kind regards

Avi Gombinsky

Grumbler in Training
Vendor
From
new york
Business
I have 2 on order for 6 weeks and would like the discount as well.
Hello Dan,
I hear you, lol,
going to check and will positively respond in one day,
Best
917-520-7370

Avi Gombinsky

Grumbler in Training
Vendor
From
new york
Business
Avi, can you advise on when orders are being shipped? I sent an email, but no reply.
My credit card was charged, but item was not shipped yet. Please keep me updated.
Hi Dan,
I am sure to answer every email the minute I get it, so not sure why/what happened.
as to when shipping your order for which you were charged...
I am aware that I promised to ship in 3 weeks, and so far it has been 6 weeks already. I can refund the charge immediately. The clamps parts is not yet completed and it may steel take 1-3 weeks before shipping. (I am sorry to be in this situation, but I can not push the machine shop more, it could cause problems). The reason is I was promised in the beginning 3 weeks and was counting on that, but they simply take more time for various reasons, fewer people working, slow/delays shipping of materials, and high volume orders.
I intend to stop by the machine shop today, and possibly give you more specific time of shipping, regardless I will make it to ship you the next 2 clamps that complete (next batch I mean).
best,
Avi

Ylva

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
From
Gloucester, MA
Avi, not sure who 'Dan' is, this is Ylva.

I don't mind the longer wait. I do mind being charged for something where a shipping date is not yet known. Credit card should be charged once item is shipped.
I do not wish to cancel my order but it is not correct that you collected the money already.

Ylva

Avi Gombinsky

Grumbler in Training
Vendor
From
new york
Business

I don't mind the longer wait. I do mind being charged for something where a shipping date is not yet known. Credit card should be charged once item is shipped.
I do not wish to cancel my order but it is not correct that you collected the money already.

Ylva
Yiva
thanks for this, clear mistaken address,
you are obviously 100% correct, happened because I assumed/counted on what was known at the time... as mentioned, put myself in this situation (chain of events), but of course, I know it is wrong, it would not ever never happened again, I took measures and updated the server with realistic shipping period. However I would not like to collect customers' credit/debit card info in advance, (that is done out of our server by PayPal secured, etc. (which I trust 100%%). So the only option left going forward is to block incoming orders, in which case, not everybody will be happy either (but yet I will block orders next time, better than this embarrassment..). I apologize to you (in every way) and appreciate you being kindly patient, understanding and 100% supportive.
sincerely, Avi Gombinsky

Avi Gombinsky

Grumbler in Training
Vendor
From
new york
Business
Yiva,
Just came back from the Machine shop, it is not if but when... production is at the final stage, and assembly starts in a day or so, eta one week hopefully,
best,
Avi

Romanf

CGF II, Certified Grumble Framer Level 2
Forum Donor
From
Middle Tennessee Usa
Business
Simply watercolors

Ylva
Interesting point….when you do a framing job, at which point do you get paid? Do you take a deposit when you get the get the go ahead from the customer, or wait for payment when the job is done?

Ylva

Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
From
Gloucester, MA
Interesting point….when you do a framing job, at which point do you get paid? Do you take a deposit when you get the get the go ahead from the customer, or wait for payment when the job is done?
True somewhat. This is of course a bit different scenario; frame jobs where custom materials are ordered and not being able to get used on a different job (unless when lucky). It is not a production item. Same reason most of us will not accept cancelation of orders after materials have been ordered.

I used to take 100% up front. Since there are so many delivery problems and items not available until who knows when, I either take no money (for customers I know and trust) or 50% deposit as I do have to order materials for their jobs.

Romanf

Forum Donor
From
Middle Tennessee Usa
Business
Simply watercolors
True somewhat. This is of course a bit different scenario; frame jobs where custom materials are ordered and not being able to get used on a different job (unless when lucky). It is not a production item. Same reason most of us will not accept cancelation of orders after materials have been ordered.

I used to take 100% up front. Since there are so many delivery problems and items not available until who knows when, I either take no money (for customers I know and trust) or 50% deposit as I do have to order materials for their jobs.
I wasn’t comparing to your earlier post, but was curious how most framers handle order payment. Seems if you do not take some form of deposit you could get stuck if a customer does not pick up the order.

Avi Gombinsky

Grumbler in Training
Vendor
From
new york
Business
Hello, again Yiva,
I think you may comparing apples and oranges, I will try to make it ALL clear,
In my custom framing shop - always take a deposit, which means mutual commitment and permission to work on a customer's artwork, the balance paid as the customer comes to pick it up. (unless the customer hasn't got money for a deposit we always take the customer side..)
As to MasterClamp since it is an online shop, money is ALWAYS paid first, and shipping time appears under "shipping" on our site usually 3-5 days, but lately 3-5 weeks (making sure customer is aware and or informed, period. since everything is in the open..) shipping time (period
may vary and published on site.
there is no deposit and there is no collection of cc info etc.. I think it is bad practice.
However in your case (and the other 50 orders awaiting with you), we experienced a storm of orders, and in addition, I was wrongly informed/via estimate from machine shop 3 weeks and informed EVERYBODY YOU INCLUDED (I BELIEVE). As time progressed I realized the delay (2-4 weeks) and sent a newsletter emailed everybody including you, (I believe), informing all about this delay again., and also offered money back immediately to anyone who can not wait or feel mislead/disappointed etc. (no one canceled).
Regardless Yiva, our return/refund policy is as follows:
Full refund with NO time limit or ANY conditions period, meaning if someone wants a refund/return after a year or whatever no matter the product condition and time passed we WILL buy it back for a full refund (except shipping). Hope I understood your question correctly and answered it in the most positive way.. LOL, I am not perfect,
Best,
Avi

Avi Gombinsky

Grumbler in Training
Vendor
From
new york
Business
btw shipping and refund/return policy (as described) also appear on our site.

Ylva

Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
From
Gloucester, MA
No worries Avi! I answered Roman's question, as there is food for thought there. Where does one draw the line and I found that an interesting comment so have been thinking about that. Sorry to frankenthread this!

Roman, I agree that the risk of no deposit is great. I only do it on a few orders. I either know the customer very well or the order cannot be fulfilled for a few months.
Sometimes I like the art so much that I actually wouldn't mind if it is never picked up LOL

Before all the craziness, I always took 100% up front. Now I am more doing the 50% and so far that has not been a problem. I also collect email addresses and mobile phone numbers and I do stay in touch with all customers, giving updates on their orders.

Romanf

Forum Donor
From
Middle Tennessee Usa
Business
Simply watercolors
No worries Avi! I answered Roman's question, as there is food for thought there. Where does one draw the line and I found that an interesting comment so have been thinking about that. Sorry to frankenthread this!

Roman, I agree that the risk of no deposit is great. I only do it on a few orders. I either know the customer very well or the order cannot be fulfilled for a few months.
Sometimes I like the art so much that I actually wouldn't mind if it is never picked up LOL

Before all the craziness, I always took 100% up front. Now I am more doing the 50% and so far that has not been a problem. I also collect email addresses and mobile phone numbers and I do stay in touch with all customers, giving updates on their orders.
Thank you for that. By the way you will absolutely love those masterclamps, well worth waiting for.

Avi Gombinsky

Grumbler in Training
Vendor
From
new york
Business
They will, love them.
I hope it is not inappropriate to push my opinion here, Mr. James but I agree "they will" it's also legally guaranteed (in our policy) and in every other way, thanks, cheers

Avi Gombinsky

Grumbler in Training
Vendor
From
new york
Business
Hello Dan,
I hear you, lol,
going to check and will positively respond in one day,
Best
917-520-7370
Hi again Dan, Just been informed by the machine shop that v5-pro is coming my way in two days, So (if so) you should get yours in a few, thanks

shhtalin313

Grumbler in Training
From
east orange
Business
Acosta Custom Framing
i placed my order in February.. still waiting on it :c

seller didn't answer any questions nor answer the phone

Shayla

WOW Framer
Forum Donor
From
Washington State
i placed my order in February.. still waiting on it :c

seller didn't answer any questions nor answer the phone
Hi, shhtalin. I'm sorry to hear this, and hopefully, Avi will get ahold of you. From what we've seen and heard, it sounds like he's probably still having trouble sourcing parts from his machine shop. And, he's not always great with communicating, which can be a frustration. But, from our experience, if you can stand the wait, it's absolutely worth it. When I asked Hubby for thoughts, he said, 'He's always updating and adding improvements, so what he's putting out now is even better than five years ago.' We love our Master Clamps, both short and tall, and are very glad to have them. I hope that you're able to share this same good experience very soon.

auntiesarahjayne

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
From
Milwaukee, WI
I am still waiting on mine which I ordered and paid for 3/21/22. I have patiently emailed every 3 months. the last email said he would send me an email with an update. That was 9/4.