Master clamp and Ledsome vice

rdicarlo41

Grumbler in Training
Does anyone know where one can purchase the Master clamp? The website www.masterclamp.com is no longer current. I did find the website for Ledsome and e-mailed as well as called with no reply. If anyone knows how they are distributed or perhaps has some used they would like to part with, let me know. I'm intrigued by the Ledsome but would like to hear more about the masterclamp. Thanks.

Hi Rob,
No experience with the Ledsome, but we got our 1st Masterclamp about 2 months ago. So far, we love it. It's portable, well built and you can put an unbelievable amount of force on a corner. We like it so much we've ordered the other 2 models (on backorder). We got ours at M&M.
They are very pricey but once you get over the sticker shock, you have a very nice piece of equipment that should last for years. We also use Framesquare's Maxi Framer and a "Stanley" type std corner vice. They all have their advantages & disadvantages and each one always has a corner drying in it! A guy can't have too many clamps!

Hi Scott - Thanks for the feedback. I'll check out M & M. I also have the Stanley type vices but find with larger mouldings that it is hard to put alot of pressure on the top of the moulding (hence a slight gap in the top of the mitre). How do you have your clamps set up in your shop? Are they freestanding or mounted?

Rob,
The Masterclamp floats around the shop which is handy. The Maxi framer (fixed/floor mounted)is the only one thats really good about putting down pressure on the corner. The basic Masterclamp doesn't offer down pressure, however, the Shadowbox version might do a good job on taller mouldings. We'll see.
If we need to pull the tops of a tough moulding together, we normally assemble it in the vnailer or figure out a way to apply pressure with other types of clamps. Sometimes you have to get really creative on difficult mouldings.
Good luck and welcome to the Grumble!

I've got two like new Master Clamps for sale...contact me if you want them both.

Does anyone know where one can purchase the Master clamp? The website www.masterclamp.com is no longer current. I did find the website for Ledsome and e-mailed as well as called with no reply. If anyone knows how they are distributed or perhaps has some used they would like to part with, let me know. I'm intrigued by the Ledsome but would like to hear more about the masterclamp. Thanks.

HI
My name is Avi Gombinsky owner of MasterClamp, at: www.mastersclamp.com.
Ledsome, ilegally sells a very poor imitation of my clamps.
The history is that years a go I stopped making tools with him because of poor quality, since he could not force me to buy them, he trys to find victims to buy that stock.

Avi Gombinsky/ ceo, inventor and patent owner

917-520-7370
gombinsky@gmail.com

Hi
MasterClamp www.masterclamp.com is alive, try it now.
All new and avance include new models and all parts

best,
Avi Gombinsky, MasterClamp inventor and ceo.
917-520-7370
www.masterclamp.com

It would seem that it took 7 years for the website to get back up and running so you may need to give it a decade or more to have that removed. :shrug:

I think these threads should be moved to the commercial area since there is nothing but marketing going on here.

Since he is blatantly ignoring requests to remove unsolicited testimonials not only from Seth but from numerous other grumblers, even going so far as to post right after a request for removal, I wonder if he belongs among the members here. Perhaps a mod might review this.

OTOH, who would give 13 year old testimonials any credence.

And since we are his primary customer base, he certainly seems to be doing a good job of making friends here. A show of hands - after reading all this, who would buy his products now?

And since we are his primary customer base, he certainly seems to be doing a good job of making friends here. A show of hands - after reading all this, who would buy his products now?

Well, I wasn't going to but then when I read that Bogframe thought they were great I think I've changed my mind:thumbsup:

Well, I wasn't going to but then when I read that Bogframe thought they were great I think I've changed my mind:thumbsup:
Thought, as in past tense. As of 10/1/2001, I have disassociated myself with Masterclamp and the person who runs it. I no longer recommend this product, and take no responsibility for anything to do with it.

Well I still think they are extremely well made and I like my V-8 very much. There was a design flaw in the initial run but the bugs have been worked out and I am very satisfied.

That being said, these clamps are EXPENSIVE. No two ways to look at it.

You may find that the new vise from 888 Manufacturing will do everything you need for a whole bunch less $$. In fact you could buy 4 888 vises for less than one V-8.

Back