SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
Mar 26, 2003
Alberta CANADA
The Framing Nook
I am wondering which type of markers are being usewd on metal and wood

I currently use the tria markers
they are a bit pricey and don't stick well to the ends of allum mldng

Any suggestions?

Tria Markers are alcohol based and are particularly expensive because they tie into the Pantone Color System. The Pantone System is a system co-ordinating colors from the design process through the printing and/or manufacturing process and a premium license fee is paid for each product employing the system.

Alcohol based markers don't have the color saturation of xylene based or other "permanet" markers and won't adhere to metal well.

If you need a broad range of colors, I would recommend Sanford/Eberhard-Faber Design markers. If you mostly need black, use Sharpies, Sanford King Size permanet markers or Magnum 44's.

Dave Makielski

I'm not a big fan of Sharpies. The black leaves a shine on the moulding that bothers me. I like to use the Prismacolor Umbers and mahogany for black moulding. No distracting shine. BTW I get them from United.

I have sharpies, just don't use them on moulding! They're in the Kid Corner for drawing on matboard while the parents are at the design counter.