• Welcome! You will have to register a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.
Donmar Creations

Manual Pistorius V-nailer pads

Vsfraser

Grumbler in Training
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement thick felt pad for the V-nailer?It’s about a 5/8” thick and 2 1/2” wide. It’s made of compressed felt. Or does anyone have a good idea how to make one? Thanks so much to any that respond.

vsf

Larry Peterson

PFG, Picture Framing God
Resource Provider
I made some temporary ones for my VN42 out of mouse pads.

Rick Granick

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
There are various materials you could use. For soft wood mouldings, a softer material might be better anyway.
I have various squishy objects I use along with the felt hold-down on my VN2+1. Some I have made from pieces of dense foam kneeling pads (from the garden dept. of harware store). One of the most useful is a white eraser. You can get a five-pack for $1 at the dollar store.
:cool: Rick

Larry Peterson

PFG, Picture Framing God
Resource Provider
Of course you can't get factory replacements since Pistorious went down the drain, but I found the replacement pads for my VN-42 are great. I didn't know they had different levels of squishiness (channeling my inner Shayla today) but when I replaced the rock hard original pads I got all three levels of pads. I noticed that they also sell felt pads. I don't know what size you need for for yours but it might be worth a look. See : https://shop.fletcher-terry.com/collections/clamping-pad-system

LifeSaver Software...
Jack Richeson & Co
;Added 5/9/20 MPL to disable rich text editor by default for IOS devices that have bug in browser