Manual Joiners

Stephen Enggass

CGF, Certified Grumble Framer
Probably been asked a number of times and it’s probably a Ford vs Chevy type discussion, but I’d like opinions on which direction to go... AMP U-200 or Cassese CS-1. (Uni or Cartridge?)
I’m leaning towards AMP U-200. Thoughts?
Thank you.

I would go with the least expensive one and the one that have v-nails readily available in your area. I have never owned either one but I have checked both styles out at shows and I have found that both are basically the same.

If you check out a couple of used pneumatic underpinners you may find one that is in good condition and that sell for approximately the same price as the manual underpinner. If you pneumatic underpinner then I would recommend AMP hands down.

the AMP is going to have better options in getting the v-nails since the Cassese uses the proprietary cassette that you can only get from Cassese distributors.
I agree with Joe about looking for a good used pneumatic model. If your business grows at all you will outgrow the manual model fairly quickly.

I just went to look up the AMP U-200 (I have no concept of the new numbering system), and see that there are Frame Joining Robots.
What?

Looks only useful for a bunch of identical projects.

Brian

Goota have one of these to go along with it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Back