Lowest per foot price on your wall?

stshof

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
All right, I'm curious. I'm redoing my moulding samples and increasing my multipliers/prices. (I need more money for my gas station!) Do most of you have a minimum per foot price for your mouldings? A friend in the business said she has nothing less than $5 per foot. I'm in a college town with a great art department/curriculum and I stock an International moulding for the students which I sell for $3 per foot to them and all my customers(6.5 times mark up). I also have several at $3.50 a foot; several at $3.75. What's everyone else doing?
kaffeetrinker_2.gif

My least expensive wood mldg. I price at $ 6.50 ft. I have NDN type metals at 3.95 ft. I'm thinking of raising the wood to $ 7.00 ft.

Not scientific in my analysis, but ballparking, the "average job" is probably around $ 10.00 - 12.00 ft., but I don't know my true average. Many jobs are in the $ 35-50 and up range. If you consider stacked frames and fillets, the average would jump considerably too.

I still join the old fashioned way...brads and glue. I figure I can't afford to cut/mitre the mldg and join it corner by corner for less than $ 6.50 ft. even if the mldg. is free so cost has no bearing on my minimums. I also use a 4 ft. minimum no matter how small the frame.

Dave Makielski

"We do not stop playing beacause we are old; we grow old because we stop playing."

(Thanks, Dermont)

Our lowest priced frame is $4.50/ft. We have several at $5.00 and $6.50. We don't have too many walkouts over price, and those who do, usually have no realistic cost basis of framing. They're the ones who bring in the 32" X 40" and want it framed for $25.00.

Thanks so very much for your replies. I know a lot of different factors come into play when figuring prices. I want to play fair but I don't want to give away the store either. I'm so glad we can come to this place and offer each other advice and support!

I think you should have minimum prices on everything-glass, mats, mounting, etc.

Minimum price I charged for a frame was $6.00', 4' minmum.

Everything was priced the same up to 8x10.

Back