• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.

WTB: Looking to buy equipment

Advertise on the G, a forum for framers only

Whisperwood Framing

Grumbler in Training
Starting my own business, looking to buy equipment used or new for reasonable prices. Mainly looking for a Fletcher mat cutter immediately. Located on the coast near Aberdeen, Wash. Shoot me a message with what you’ve got. Thanks in advance!

Miles Weaver

True Grumbler
I've pieced together an entire shop's worth of equipment and supplies from Craigslist and Facebook marketplace in the past month. Found some items in the classified section here on The Grumble as well. It's definitely a buyer's market, lots of shops going out of business or people cleaning out their basements.

How far are you willing to drive? For me it was worth it to line up a few sales on the same day and drive 5+ hours each way.

Miles Weaver

True Grumbler
Not sure how much equipment/supplies you're looking for but here are a couple of options I've seen on craigslist. Might make a good excuse for a road trip. Craigslist can take a little work to sort through but searching for the equipment or brand has worked out for me. Searching for "Fletcher" instead of just "mat cutter" has produced some results for me.

Picture framing opportunity - arts & crafts - by owner - sale https://bend.craigslist.org/art/d/bend-picture-framing-opportunity/7185946838.html

Picture framing tools and materials - tools - by owner - sale https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/tls/d/santa-rosa-picture-framing-tools-and/7208354425.html

Miles Weaver

True Grumbler
Also if you are looking for a dry mount press I know of a great deal in the Portland area. I bought a Fletcher 3000 from the guy while I was up there and now I am wishing I took him up on his Seal Masterpiece 500T-X as well. He's been trying to sell it for a while for $400.

Ad Banner for SmallCorp

wpfay

Comfort Badger
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Also, call some of your local frame supply distributers and see if they have any leads on a shop wanting to sell equipment. The ones that still have sales reps can be helpful in locating used equipment, and it would be a good thing to introduce yourself to them anyway. Jayeness in Seattle & Spokane and Framer's Inventory on Portland come to mind. It would also be a good idea to find out if anyone delivers to your location, or if you are going to have to rely of shipping.

LifeSaver Cloud from LifeSaver Software, Inc.