• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.

WTB: Looking to buy double miter saw

Vermont Hardwoods solid wood picture frame molding

dmasoncsj1

Grumbler in Training
Business
McKenna Pro
We are looking to buy a new or a used in very good shape double miter saw. CTD, Universal, Inmes are all candidates but we are having a heck of time finding one. I welcome suggestions as we have not tried to buy one in several years. Thoughts?

wpfay

Comfort Badger
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Business
Sunshine Frames
Hi, and welcome to the G!

Have you checked with Steve Adams at Aim Equipment?

He deals in new and used equipment of all kinds and usually has a fair selection of used double miter saws.

dmasoncsj1

Grumbler in Training
Business
McKenna Pro
Yes, we can order a new Universal and they are 4 weeks out or they are looking into a used Universal. My concern with Universal is that we have an older one already, it cuts horizontally not from the top down. We fight tear out all the time. I realize they corrected this issue with their new ones but I am gun shy. CTD is 8 weeks out.

mitchphoto

Grumbler in Training
Business
photography
We are looking to buy a new or a used in very good shape double miter saw. CTD, Universal, Inmes are all candidates but we are having a heck of time finding one. I welcome suggestions as we have not tried to buy one in several years. Thoughts?
Have a CTD D50 10 inch blades foot operated with the mister for aluminum installed $850 in SF bay area that works great but this is around 20 years old.

Framedbythebay

Grumbler in Training
Business
By The Bay Gallery and Gifts
Hi
I have a used ctd in perfect working order with several spare blades that I use sparingly and not in any hurry but I would let it go for $3600 I am in upper michigan Jim

Vermont Hardwoods solid wood picture frame molding
Beauty, Brawn, and Brains: Wizard Z1 CMC