Looking for South Carolina Artist Jean-Claude de Montfort

Rob Markoff

PFG, Picture Framing God
Anyone have access to artwork by this artist? Google search yields only dead links. No galleries on the web seem to list him as an artist carried.

I have a client looking for a piece called Rutledge Avenue on Colonial Lake.

Have looked for a couple of his pieces during the last year or so. Both distributors I found that previously carried his work stopped....something about an "unfortunate incarceration" for Mr. de Montfort. Neither thought he was currently represented.

I just came across this

Have looked for a couple of his pieces during the last year or so. Both distributors I found that previously carried his work stopped....something about an "unfortunate incarceration" for Mr. de Montfort. Neither thought he was currently represented.

Hi there I am his son if you indeed are interested still in connecting with Jean Claude de Montfort I can certainly help. He lives in Mount Holly North Carolina now. I know this post is way old but hey it is worth my time to address it.

I am looking for him too!

We have two beautiful works by him and my father wants to talk to him.
Please contact me JP and let me know!

Thanks,
Lynne

Hi,
My name is Nancy Turner. Just about this time last year I discovered I had breast cancer. I had no insurance. I had to make tough decision and part with things I loved one of those things was a piece of art work of your dads. Is there anyway to find out if he might have a copy of "No Phone". Presently I live in NC and have to go to Charlotte early next week. Any reply would be greatly appreciated.

Pictures by Jean Claude de Montfort

I have two beautilful works by Jean Claude de Montfort. They are "Gem by the Sea" and "Rainbow Row". Both are signed and beautilfully framed. I purchased them from "Galleries of the South" many years ago. If anyone is interested in them please let me know. I also have photos of them if you are interested.
Thanks,
Melanie

The Gardens of Magnolia Plantation Jean Claude de Montfort

Can anyone give me info on this painting it is signed by Jean Claude de Montfort. It is framed and very beautiful. I would like to know a possible value.

Jean Claude de Montfort Print - $400 (Charleston, SC)

Reply to: sale-4xqjz-1217711060@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-06-12, 8:21AM EDT

Signed Print: "Rutledge Avenue on Colonial Lake". Print # 197/750 with original wax seal. Beautifully framed. Asking $400.00.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1217711060

Rutledge Avenue on Colonial Lake is named Charleston-Charleston

I am about to release all the work I had stored away, shortly. You can contact me at jcdemontfort@yahoo.com. Several limited editions are sold out but many collectible posters (acid free paper and heavy stock) are available such as No Phone, Veiled Reflections, Day Break on Morris Island, Charleston Charleston, the High Battery and several more.

Charleston Charleston (Rutledge Ave.) Print

I have a large signed and numbered print of Jean-Claude de Montfort's "Charleston! Charleston! Rutledge Avenue at Colonial Lake" that belonged to my mother, who adored it. It's beautifully framed in gold wood.

Due to my financial situation, I would consider offering this work for sale.

Interested parties may contact me at 864-235-3980 in Greenville or at n.taylor@charter.net .

Jean Claude de Montfort

I have a signed and numbered print of the title you mentioned. According to the artist, there was only one printing ever made, and there will be no more.

The print is matted and framed -- very beautiful.

Nancy Taylor
Greenville, SC
n.taylor@charter.net

Signed Pieces

I have several signed pieces I purchased directly from the artist in Charleston, One being "a remarqed Charleston, Charleston on Rutledge Ave." and SC Wildflowers. I would like to sell these if anyone is interested.

Anyone have access to artwork by this artist? Google search yields only dead links. No galleries on the web seem to list him as an artist carried.

Charleston Charleston

This might be the one you're looking for.

Jean Claude de Montfort print

I have a very beautiful Jean Claude (signed) print of Morris Island, Charleston if anyone is interested.
Sincerely,
Marie Morris

I have something that may be of intertest

I have a print that has a rare signature. I am currently working folks in Charleston to fiquire out if he was drunk, or it could be his wifes. Stay in touch, and I'll keep you posted.
Thanks,
Coldmoney

Hi,
My name is Nancy Turner. Just about this time last year I discovered I had breast cancer. I had no insurance. I had to make tough decision and part with things I loved one of those things was a piece of art work of your dads. Is there anyway to find out if he might have a copy of "No Phone". Presently I live in NC and have to go to Charlotte early next week. Any reply would be greatly appreciated.

Hello. Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I know this post is old but Im new to this website. I Have a copy of "No Phone" and it is actually signed by him. I believe it is a signed numbered copy. I have sent Mr. Jean Claude a message on facebook to get info on it, and he said some time ago that he did sign reprints. Contact me if you are interested still. Thanks

Veiled Reflections

I do not know for sure, but I saw a posting below that indicates the artist is on Facebook. Try contacting him that way. Additionally, I have a signed print by Jean-Claude called Veiled Reflections, if anyone is interested. It's a seascape with a half dozen fishing vessles by the docks. It seems to be at dawn or dusk with a few gulls flying. Thanks.

Veiled Relections

I do not know for sure, but I saw a posting below that indicates the artist is on Facebook. Try contacting him that way. Additionally, I have a signed print by Jean-Claude called Veiled Reflections, if anyone is interested. It's a seascape with a half dozen fishing vessles by the docks. It seems to be at dawn or dusk with a few gulls flying. Thanks.

I found his name on Facebook earlier and sent him a message asking if he were the SC artist. Nothing on his visible page indicated that he was or was not. I also have the Veiled Reflections, however it is untitled. There is one currently on eBay with the title on it. The one I have is signed differently. It is a beautiful piece. I'm new here, will attempt to post a pic. Thanks!

Attachments

• jean.jpg
    jean.jpg
    334.1 KB · Views: 46
Wow .. this is a long lived threat ... never seen one this long before on any site. Glad its here though. I just purchased a signed Jean-Claude de Monfort print. It was not the best matting or frame job, but sufficient. It was painted or at least copywrited in 87 and is called Victorian Tiers. It has a lot of blue in it which I thought really added to the piece. I have been thinking about re-matting and framing (who of us doesn't think we could do a better job than the last person :D ) but seriously... I don't think a blue matt would be the best way to highlight this particular print. Any suggestions would be greatly welcome.

I have a picture like the one you are looking for. E-mail me at bopeep683@cs.com for any information. The picture is Charleston "Rutledge Avenue on Colonial Lake" with reflections of the title and is signed by the artist.

tks
Patricia

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread has to set a couple of records. First for the number of people with 1-3 posts that have posted and second for the length of time that people have been posting to it.

Edit: And for good reason. A Google search for him brings this thread up as the first result.

I just came across this

Hi there I am his son if you indeed are interested still in connecting with Jean Claude de Montfort I can certainly help. He lives in Mount Holly North Carolina now. I know this post is way old but hey it is worth my time to address it.

I hope that this message gets to you as I have a signed print called Morris Island Charleston and unfortunately hard times here has forced me to offer it for sale. Some years ago some lady who said she was his daughter offered to buy it for $167.00 but have lost contacts. If you know of anyone who wants to purchase this beautiful print, please email me at info @ wildpantry.com. Thanking you in advance, Marie Morris (Yes, I come from a long line of South Carolina Morris folks)

I have a signed print called "Charleston Rutledge Avenue on Colonial Lake." If anyone is looking. I played around this lake when I was a kid visiting my grandma on Queen Street. Let me know as I am ready to sell it.

I have a different piece. I’m not if anyone is interested. “Meet me at the block F” firman university until 1959 signed 328/495 limited from 1989

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 10
Back