LJ80021

Framing Goddess

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
I am looking for this Lj arqadia moulding. It is a matte black stem with one little step and red edges.
My latest box has arrived with a very downplayed red edge and I have a customer who is particularly fond of the red edge.
If anyone has any of the older version of this moulding (with the hot red edge) and wants to part with it, do let me know.
Thanks in advance,
Edie the iliketherededgetoo goddess

Edie, could you lightly sand the edge highlights with an emery board? This may bring out the red undercoat. If not sufficient, you could then hit it with a marker.

Just a thought.
:cool: Rick

Edie, I am home right now so I do not have a catalog, look at Nurre, they had that same profile at one time.

Otherwise try ordering out of a different warehouse

Garrett Moulding 253-520X is very similar and a lot cheaper. They also have two larger profiles that are flatter but wider.

The red edge is the under clay and accepts yellow highlighter to change the edge to orange for Oregon State University colors....
thumbsup.gif

Baer: If you're gonna do that, I would use a light yellow Chartpak or Prismacolor marker, because highlighter ink is some of the quickest-fading stuff I've ever seen. If it doesn't fade right away, it simply degrades to a muddy tone. Ecch.
:cool: Rick

Sssshshhhhhh..... we don't want any of them Beavers finding out what us Dawgs already know.... :D

I did find that out and recolored with Prisma... didn't know Chartpak had a yellow...dang.. and I just placed an order for chipped black Harley and Rusted Chrome.... :D

Never tried an emory board, but I did what Rick suggests with one of those "scouring pads." I think they're called Brillo Scrub 'n Toss. They don't scratch it up but they remove the finish and show more of the under coating.

Hmmm, Rick , your emery board idea might actually work.

I tried to sand it to get more of the bright red to show and it didn't do a dang thing except expose more of the pinky-brown undercolor that has replaced the red! ick.

BUT, with a quick stripe of red permanent marker over that sanded edge, it looks pretty darn good. Just might do it...

Maryann, if it does not work, I will be in touch with you! Thanks much!

Tim, this stuff comes out of only one warehouse and only 400 feet at a time. I do like the moulding, but not THAT much!

edie got450feetofthisstuff goddess

Back