• Welcome to the largest and friendlest resource for picture framers! Please LOG IN or REGISTER a free account.
    Once logged in, you will be able to SEARCH our archives.
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. Trouble? Click the CONTACT US link.

Problem Lifesaver... pretty much all of it.

Springlock by Craft Inc

Hilary

Grumbler in Training
I've got a serious Grumble with Lifsaver software. We had used FullCalc for about 20 years and made the switch (following some vendors) and I just can't get it to work right! Customer service is tired of hearing from me so I'll ask here:

-I can't get it to stop printing ~8pt~ in LANDSCAPE on orders sheets.
-Just discovered that it automatically adds 1/2" to a frame order with a 1/4" filet. I don't want it to do that! It also fails to mention on the Pick List that the frame I'm ordering has a filet (or liner) at all. The workorder still shows the original and correct dimensions while the order sheet has added the 1/2".
-It takes about 10 clicks to ring out a POS item like a photo frame with manual pricing!

Am I alone? Are there any Lifesaver Super-People out there?
This is just a taste of my LifeSaver issues.... Maybe it's me.

spacerschoice

Grumbler in Training
Register for the picture framer's grumble
We recently converted to the cloud after using the software program for several years….. exact same problem plus tons of other “little things” to set you off. They said they were keeping a running list of issues to fix, including indicating stacked frames and fillets (we do LOTS and I have to manually cross reference to know what’s stacked or not). Luckily the size is typically bigger then what you may need so IF you have the ability to cut chops down that could help. I feel that we can’t do all that we did with the software program.
Plus I think the work orders that print look like a Microsoft word text document and is harder to read

Register for the picture framer's grumble

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Business
Get The Picture
We switched to cloud from the old version at the end of 2019, and it has been a relatively painless experience so far. (and im not just saying that because we are friends with the Lifesaver team) There are several advantages to the new system, and we have no desire to go back. The workflow is nearly identical, to write up a framing order.

I have been using it for almost two years now, and will be glad to try to help answer any questions you may have.

Printing works fine, with multiple printers in our shop. It took me over a year to realize that I didnt have to specify the paper size or type when printing, and that it will work just fine to auto detect the defaults you have configured in your device's printer driver. If it is defaulting to landscape for reports that are supposed to be portrait (workorders, daily closing sheet, and invoices, for example), check your Windows printer settings to set your default there. That should fix the issue.

We had an issue on our first week, where measurements were sometimes printed in a slightly different way from how we were used to from the original Lifesaver. (but both were correct, it had to do with subtracting the reveal and may or may not be what you are description.) I don't recall the exact details, but I do remember the setting - if you would like to give it a try! :)

From main menu of LS Cloud:
-Store Configuration
-Settings
-Make sure USE ADD REVEAL is unchecked.

Best regards,
Mike
Get The Picture Framing, Lincoln RI

FrameReady Special Offer - Call 888-281-2202