• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.
Rian Fabrication Services  www.rianfabrication.com

Lifesaver cloud tips!

framestudio

CGF II, Certified Grumble Framer Level 2
Forum Donor
I'm a new user of Lifesaver and still fine tuning my pricing to get things perfect. I hope to finally finish things this weekend. I remember Mike Labbe had a link to tips that is no longer. My guess is it was geared towards the old version and not the new cloud format.
I have yet to explore what kind of sale reports it can do. I do have a couple of quick questions. Can a logo be added to the invoice? What is UI Grid and how does it work?

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
I know the logo is something they are currently working to include soon, which was in the old version. It is one of the most popular requests.

I believe UI Grid lets you put a table with a flat markup system very similar to the default method of pricing by UI/area sold. I personally prefer pricing the regular way, marking up based on each item's actual cost per sheet. (as it was with the old Lifesaver) We haven't tried the UI grid option yet in our shop, other than just seeing what it does.

The tips for the old version (non cloud) live at https://www.getthepictureframing.com/gfaq/LSS-TIPS.pdf and the the discussion that inspired them lives here on the G at https://www.thegrumble.com/threads/lifesaver-pos-software-tips-and-tricks.6635/

If a new discussion comes up with enough useful info, maybe a new Cloud edition will be made too! :)

We upgraded our shop on January 1, 2020. It has been smooth sailing so far, and it was nice to be able to access the system at home during the covid (closing) crisis - with the phones forwarded to the house.

Frances M.

CGF II, Certified Grumble Framer Level 2
Mike - we still have the legacy version of Lifesaver. When did they add the ability to put logos on invoices, etc? How is that done?

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Mike - we still have the legacy version of Lifesaver. When did they add the ability to put logos on invoices, etc? How is that done?
Non cloud advice:
For TV branded Legacy version, see pg 30 in above link. (CONFIGURE -> OPTIONS -> LOGO) For older original legacy, LS added logo originally for you at the time of purchase.

Last edited:

wvframer

Humble Picture Framer
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
I can't figure out how to get a sales tax exemption report on LifeSaver Cloud. Is there something I am missing?

FrameReady Special Offer - Call 888-281-2202

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
I spoke with Lifesaver about this today, and they were very receptive and said they will be making a priority to add this report to the REPORTS section in the near future.

We would use such a report annually in our shop, on 12/31, to report a state required reconciliation form. Although it could be generated with a date range for the whole desired period to report everything, it would be so much better to have a dedicated report that filters out just that info.

Mike

wvframer

Humble Picture Framer
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
The legacy version did/does. I ran it every month and created a spreadsheet that I could add the numbers to. Then it calculated my sales, sales tax, B & O tax and local tax. I did not notice that it wasn't there when I test drove the cloud, but I would have made the decision to do it anyway.

The report will make it easy, but it isn't that hard to track it. But there are times when more than half of my business is tax-exempt because there are so many government agencies here.

Thanks, Mike

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Lifesaver posted this one today, for those who want to charge an optional RUSH FEE

New Feature
When you select a date before the default due date, a Rush flag is set, and will auto check if there is a special named "Rush" and will add the extra Rush fee!

1595870516964.png

wvframer

Humble Picture Framer
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
That is a good feature. It makes it a default so the customer has to ask for it to come off.

wvframer

Humble Picture Framer
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Has anyone had a good look at or tried out the new LS tool to add online ordering to a website?

Beauty, Brawn, and Brains: Wizard Z1 CMC

MnSue

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
FYI: with the latest upgrades, I was experiencing login issues...
I was instructed to go to PW first, and the saved LI and PW should be there...
(It worked beautifully on my computer, but not my Samsung tablet)

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Are you using Google Chrome on both devices? If using the same account, Chrome should share the passwords and login names

MnSue

Mike I been using LSS cloud for 4 years, but I am still learning its capacities. Not all tablets are created the same...and my Samsung tablet has difficulty with some of the procedures that other tablets may not. For example, to print an invoice or quote, I have to go to print, download a pdf, and then print the pdf. The same for a work order, etc. It is the tablet...not the program. It's the tablet not the program.

Shortly, my tablet is being retired and a computer is being swapped!

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
It sounds like it may be time for a newer version of the operating system. Just make sure you are running CHROME on whatever device you use, because that works best.

Mike

MnSue

It sounds like it may be time for a newer version of the operating system. Just make sure you are running CHROME on whatever device you use, because that works best.

Mike
Yes running chrome, and the Samsung operating system is the issue. My Future Daughter -in-law- is a IT/networking "nerd" (and head of her networking department) and she has attempted to "make it work" as it should, but...
you get what you pay for...and I didn't pay a lot 4 yrs ago. lol

Rian Fabrication Services  www.rianfabrication.com

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
That makes sense. I do prefer the android and Samsung based premium products, vs Apple. The vendors will only provide operating system updates for certain number of years, so if the device is really old it may not be upgradeable to have the current version of the operating system. I suspect that may be the case with yours.

LifeSaver Cloud from LifeSaver Software, Inc.