• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.

Lifesaver cloud tips!

LifeSaver Cloud from LifeSaver Software, Inc.

framestudio

CGF II, Certified Grumble Framer Level 2
Forum Donor
I'm a new user of Lifesaver and still fine tuning my pricing to get things perfect. I hope to finally finish things this weekend. I remember Mike Labbe had a link to tips that is no longer. My guess is it was geared towards the old version and not the new cloud format.
I have yet to explore what kind of sale reports it can do. I do have a couple of quick questions. Can a logo be added to the invoice? What is UI Grid and how does it work?

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Business
Get The Picture
I know the logo is something they are currently working to include soon, which was in the old version. It is one of the most popular requests.

I believe UI Grid lets you put a table with a flat markup system very similar to the default method of pricing by UI/area sold. I personally prefer pricing the regular way, marking up based on each item's actual cost per sheet. (as it was with the old Lifesaver) We haven't tried the UI grid option yet in our shop, other than just seeing what it does.

The tips for the old version (non cloud) live at https://www.getthepictureframing.com/gfaq/LSS-TIPS.pdf and the the discussion that inspired them lives here on the G at https://www.thegrumble.com/threads/lifesaver-pos-software-tips-and-tricks.6635/

If a new discussion comes up with enough useful info, maybe a new Cloud edition will be made too! :)

We upgraded our shop on January 1, 2020. It has been smooth sailing so far, and it was nice to be able to access the system at home during the covid (closing) crisis - with the phones forwarded to the house.

Frances M.

Mike - we still have the legacy version of Lifesaver. When did they add the ability to put logos on invoices, etc? How is that done?

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Business
Get The Picture
Mike - we still have the legacy version of Lifesaver. When did they add the ability to put logos on invoices, etc? How is that done?
Non cloud advice:
For TV branded Legacy version, see pg 30 in above link. (CONFIGURE -> OPTIONS -> LOGO) For older original legacy, LS added logo originally for you at the time of purchase.

Last edited:

wvframer

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Rest In Peace
I can't figure out how to get a sales tax exemption report on LifeSaver Cloud. Is there something I am missing?

Hoffmann Dovetail Joining System

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Business
Get The Picture
I spoke with Lifesaver about this today, and they were very receptive and said they will be making a priority to add this report to the REPORTS section in the near future.

We would use such a report annually in our shop, on 12/31, to report a state required reconciliation form. Although it could be generated with a date range for the whole desired period to report everything, it would be so much better to have a dedicated report that filters out just that info.

Mike

wvframer

Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Rest In Peace
The legacy version did/does. I ran it every month and created a spreadsheet that I could add the numbers to. Then it calculated my sales, sales tax, B & O tax and local tax. I did not notice that it wasn't there when I test drove the cloud, but I would have made the decision to do it anyway.

The report will make it easy, but it isn't that hard to track it. But there are times when more than half of my business is tax-exempt because there are so many government agencies here.

Thanks, Mike

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Business
Get The Picture
Lifesaver posted this one today, for those who want to charge an optional RUSH FEE

New Feature
When you select a date before the default due date, a Rush flag is set, and will auto check if there is a special named "Rush" and will add the extra Rush fee!

1595870516964.png

wvframer

Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Rest In Peace
That is a good feature. It makes it a default so the customer has to ask for it to come off.

wvframer

Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Rest In Peace
Has anyone had a good look at or tried out the new LS tool to add online ordering to a website?

FrameReady Special Offer - Call 888-281-2202

MnSue

Business
Framing Solutions MN
FYI: with the latest upgrades, I was experiencing login issues...
I was instructed to go to PW first, and the saved LI and PW should be there...
(It worked beautifully on my computer, but not my Samsung tablet)

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Business
Get The Picture
Are you using Google Chrome on both devices? If using the same account, Chrome should share the passwords and login names

MnSue

Business
Framing Solutions MN
Mike I been using LSS cloud for 4 years, but I am still learning its capacities. Not all tablets are created the same...and my Samsung tablet has difficulty with some of the procedures that other tablets may not. For example, to print an invoice or quote, I have to go to print, download a pdf, and then print the pdf. The same for a work order, etc. It is the tablet...not the program. It's the tablet not the program.

Shortly, my tablet is being retired and a computer is being swapped!

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Business
Get The Picture
It sounds like it may be time for a newer version of the operating system. Just make sure you are running CHROME on whatever device you use, because that works best.

Mike

MnSue

Business
Framing Solutions MN
It sounds like it may be time for a newer version of the operating system. Just make sure you are running CHROME on whatever device you use, because that works best.

Mike
Yes running chrome, and the Samsung operating system is the issue. My Future Daughter -in-law- is a IT/networking "nerd" (and head of her networking department) and she has attempted to "make it work" as it should, but...
you get what you pay for...and I didn't pay a lot 4 yrs ago. lol

FrameReady Special Offer - Call 888-281-2202

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Business
Get The Picture
That makes sense. I do prefer the android and Samsung based premium products, vs Apple. The vendors will only provide operating system updates for certain number of years, so if the device is really old it may not be upgradeable to have the current version of the operating system. I suspect that may be the case with yours.

MnSue

Business
Framing Solutions MN
Invoice design....

Does anyone else wish the cloud version invoice would be visually redesigned to look more professional/sophisticated? I know its not a high programming need, but when I do an order for 2500...and I had them the "elementary" looking invoice....I often cringe. as this is a "branding" image of my work...

I think the desktop version has several options of invoices to choose from????

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Business
Get The Picture
Invoice design....

Does anyone else wish the cloud version invoice would be visually redesigned to look more professional/sophisticated? I know its not a high programming need, but when I do an order for 2500...and I had them the "elementary" looking invoice....I often cringe. as this is a "branding" image of my work...

I think the desktop version has several options of invoices to choose from????
The legacy/desktop has one choice for the invoice, just like cloud. Actually if you use a thermal printer that technically provides a second choice.

It has about 5 different choices for the framers copy of the work order which includes several generations of the program from the past. I think most people all use the newest version, which looks much like the new version on the cloud product.

framestudio

Forum Donor
So far loving Lifesaver Cloud. I like that I can discount on the fly. I would like like to be able to increase pricing on the fly.
So far I've added an ASSembly fee to services to cover this, but it does add it to the work order. Has anyone found a better way to do this?

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Business
Get The Picture
Well, Specials only print on the framers copy (the internal workorder, not the customer invoice) They can be programmed for anything and can be a flat fee or scale based on the size of the piece. When you use one of these, they WILL be noted on the framer's copy.

Another invisible way, from the workorder screen, is to click the MISC+ button. You can then pad any amount in to the piece, for any other "on the fly" costs or expenses.

A third way, if you want the customer to see the itemization, is to add it as a line item on the INVOICE. It will be itemized as a charge, outside of the framing job, if done in this way. (Ex: Extra labor for delivery or hanging service, rush freight, special hanging equipment, art, etc)

Hope that is helpful!
Mike

Rian Fabrication Services  www.rianfabrication.com

framestudio

Forum Donor
I like the Misc+ idea. My old pos system which was ez-framer could increase any price, any time, by dollar amount or percentage. It made it very easy.

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Business
Get The Picture
I think you can probably do that through lifesaver, also, with the discount button. I believe you can do negative discounts for any component (or the whole thing) by amount or percentage. I would be wrong, but I think it can do that.

But I still prefer the MISC+ button, for those once in a while extra charges that aren't pre-defined with a proper SPECIALS entry.

Best regards,
Mike, GTP

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Business
Get The Picture
Copied from Lifesaver page:

Recent New Features / updates / enhancements:

- Additional fixed amount per mat (Jay Goltz pricing)
- Additional fixed amount per mounting (Jay Goltz pricing)
- Additional fixed amount per glazing (Jay Goltz pricing)
- Minimum mat retail price must be X times the cost.
- Two new v groove templates
- Hundreds of new Fotiou moulding images updated to FrameVue (built in to LS cloud)
- Over 200 Studio moulding images uploaded to FrameVue (built in to LS cloud)
- New Feature - When you select a date before the default due date, a Rush flag is set, and auto check if there is a special named Rush and will add the extra Rush fee!
- New full sheet mat images from Crescent added
- 108 Peterboro mats added
- Work order notes increased size.
- Optional Auto payment feature for enterprise customers with separate point of sale.
- Cut Mat template 35 - Top Mount

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Business
Get The Picture
Heads up, big improvement/change of instructions today, for the second workorder+ on the same invoice:

1600717170091.png

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Business
Get The Picture
I'm passing this along from an email received today, with some clarification on the details of the above change:

Redesigned Invoice/Work Order Screen in LSS Cloud

Lifesaver just released a new update that may be a little confusing to current users. When you have multiple work orders for the same customer, you can use two methods. You can use the REPEAT button which will give you the option to 'Clear' the information for the next work order or to 'Keep' that information (use if the next work order is similar to the last order).​

You can use Repeat for as many orders as you need, but on the very last work order, you want to click on Add To Invoice then that will save all of those work orders to the 'Invoice' screen.

The other option is to write one order then click Add to Invoice, then if you want to add another work order, click on the ADD WORK ORDER (far left) button to add another work order.

This will take you back to the 'Work Order' screen so you can add another work order to the same invoice. After you write the next work order, click on Add To Invoice.

That will take you back to the 'Invoice' screen. Then you can continue writing more work orders or Add A Customer and Save.​
Need Help?
Call 1-800-381-0600

Direct Contact Overlays DCO Book by James Miller

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Business
Get The Picture

MnSue

Business
Framing Solutions MN
If you write a quote, and want a work order to have with your quote, I figured out doing a screen shot and print it so you can cross check the charges. I had to write up 8 separate quotes, incase the customer chose to eliminate one or two of the possibilities. I then had to create a complete order of the ones she selected to frame. It was very quick to recreate all the orders using the print outs for the quotes and invoice it.

framestudio

Forum Donor
Every week I still hand write my work orders list. Attached photo is the form I made up decades ago. Does lifesaver have any kind of printable form/report that has the lists all framing components on one line for any given due date?

Attachments

• IMG_1251.jpg
    IMG_1251.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 5

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Business
Get The Picture
Not exactly like that, but it has several reports for recently sold vendors within a specified date range. By mats, by mouldings, etc.

There is also a production log, to show when orders are due - with contact info for each person, etc.

In our shop, we work directly with the printed workorders to do our ordering. But there are many ways to do this. We sort the workorders by production due date.

Fitting all of that on one line in a report could be challenging. Many orders have triple mats, stacked mouldings, liners, fabrics, filets, etc. That's a lot to fit on one line, but it could be a good idea for them to have for future consideration.

LS has a demo if you want to try it out to print some of the reports.

Best regards,
Mike

Vermont Hardwoods solid wood picture frame molding