• Welcome to the largest and friendlest resource for picture framers! Please LOG IN or REGISTER a free account.
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. Trouble? Click the CONTACT US link.
  • Congratulations to our 9500th member, FramerLancashire!
    You win 2 complimentary months of Donor Level status on the G.

Question LifeSaver Cloud Question

Direct Contact Overlays DCO Book by James Miller

djhoneycut

Grumbler in Training
Register for the picture framer's grumble
We are in the middle of the trial period for LSSCloud, and was wondering if anyone uses Chromebooks with it? Shopping tablets or 2in1 laptops to buy and was looking at the Samsung Galaxy Chromebook 2. As long as Chrome is the browser will it work with Chrome OS as opposed to Android? Thanks in advance

Register for the picture framer's grumble

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Business
Get The Picture
I haven't personally tried a Chromebook with it, but it's best to use Google Chrome as a browser. Since Chrome runs on Chromebook, and both are made by Google, I think you'll be OK. :)

I have tried it on many Android based devices, IOS, Windows machines, Mac, and Linux. (and a modified Amazon Kindle, hacked to add Chrome, but that's not recommended because it's a bit of work to do so)

We love using it on tablets, but if I'm to be honest - we usually use a regular Windows machine with the full sized screen and keyboard. Just a force of habit from our old system, I guess :) Any of the above should be fine, whether in the shop or somewhere remote. (as long as you have internet or hot spot turned on in your phone)

Mike

Framestudio

CGF II, Certified Grumble Framer Level 2
Forum Donor
I use my Lifesaver with a Chromebook at my front counter, works great! I keep no personal info or files on this computer, only vendors websites in shortcuts & Lifesaver. It's very fast compared to my Windows 10 in the backroom that seem to have trouble staying connected to the internet without rebooting a page or program if it sits idle too long. I went with a $195. refurbished Acer. My thought was if anyone swiped it from the front counter at least it didn't cost much.

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Business
Get The Picture
I should get one of those Chromebooks!

Beauty, Brawn, and Brains: Wizard Z1 CMC