• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.
LifeSaver Cloud from LifeSaver Software, Inc.

Larson-Juhl Micro-Rant

wpfay

Angry Badger
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Just letting off a little steam about Larson-Juhl.
Larson-Juhl as a call-back feature on their customer service line, you can also leave a message. I user the call-back last Friday and the voice mail yesterday. Not a peep. Trying the call-back again today.
Yesterday I tried waiting it out with the periodic reminder that the wait time was greater than 10 minutes. I've dealt with Comcast so that's nothing. At the 33 minute mark the call went to voice mail.
I know Larson-Juhl trolls the Internet looking for references to their company, so I plan on typing their name, Larson-Juhl, a few more times to see if I can get their attention.
Larson-Juhl needs to put a bit more accurate information on their voice mail greeting. Something like: "The wait for a live agent isn't going to happen today and tomorrow is looking bad too", and "The call-back system is functional but there is no one there to use it, so you may not hear from us for anywhere from 24 to 168 hours".
I have placed orders with Larson-Juhl that I am willing to wait for, and one I need to modify (placed the day before they shut down operations). My concern is that they will try to fill the orders from Atlanta and I'll be hammered with a freight charge, or the regional Larson-Juhl distribution center in Lakeland will open up and they will ship me stuff I no longer need or want.
Larson-Juhl sent me an email saying they were opening their Chicago, Atlanta, and Houston offices and were shipping orders from there. What, you got that email too? Well, it doesn't make much sense to be open for business and not have people involved (we know they work from home already, so don't use that excuse) that can answer the phone or return a call in regards to an order. At this point in time, there is only outgoing communication at Larson-Juhl. They can talk to us but not we with them. I should call my Larson-Juhl rep...if I had one.

David V

Grumbler in Training
I have the same problem here in Texas. I tried to get a acknowledgement that they will release my order that
was in limbo when they shut down. I have 32 orders here that I need supplies to finish. I 'm going to drive to Houston on Monday to pickup
the orders if I can get them to call back. I called Chicago and Houston on direct lines but no answer. My rep was fired days after the shut down.

David Visi
Art Impressions

cvm

PFG, Picture Framing God
Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 11.08.31 AM.png

shayla

WOW Framer
Forum Donor
How frustrating. I hope you're able to get through.

For things that have shipped, does the LJ site have a way for you to enter your order number and get a tracking number?

David V

Grumbler in Training
You should be able to log in and check the status of your order. on there site.

wvframer

Humble Picture Framer
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
I suspect that no one has thought to update the voice mail options and the calls are not be routed to live people. We do know that they are monitoring the online ordering portal and you might be able to get their attention that way.

Is there really no email address that Larson Juhl is monitoring for those who have temporarily or permanently lost their reps?

wpfay

Angry Badger
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
There are lots of "I don't know" moments just now. Not that it is earth shattering, but LJ opened up the distribution center in Lakeland effective this coming Thursday. That only effects me with an old order I don't need fulfilled. I guess I'm asking for too much from a system that is less than perfect under ideal conditions.

neilframer

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Until about 6 months ago, we had an LJ warehouse in Phoenix.
We would get local delivery or we could just go there and pick up.
I have known the warehouse manager and delivery person for decades
I have also known the last 2 Reps for many years.
They have closed this warehouse and now we get stuff from California except we get nothing at this time.
Phoenix AZ, one of the largest cities in the U.S.:shrug:

We are still required to be closed for another 2 weeks while people can crowd into the grocery store with NO masks..:faintthud:
We still have a CMI warehouse and an International warehouse in town where we can pick up supplies.
We can't get anything yet from Studio, and we are one of their big customers.
We have ordered Studio moulding to be shipped from Framers Inventory in Oregon and we've been able to receive it from them.

David V

Grumbler in Training
I finally recieved email that Houston will contact me to arrange pickup time.I guess I will be driving 8 hours Monday.

Presser

Grumbler in Training
I think people’s expectations of Larson Juhl are hard to understand. Just like all of us, they have been put in precarious and demanding positions due to the CV and the shut down of states with so little notice. Sure the communication has been flawed but they are reacting like everyone else.

I know that they have had to either lay-off and furlough everyone single one of their employees for an unknown period of time which as we know is difficult to do.

I don’t expect Seattle or LA open in the next 2 weeks because of what their states are requiring....and I can tell you if you have received product from FI it’s because they have not complied with our states shelter in place and have been putting their people at risk.

Honestly my biggest worry is will I have a job because disposable income is not exactly overflowing.... no one is ever going to chose to frame a picture over feeding their families or paying their mortgage/rent/bills.

Just my two cents

Vermont Hardwoods solid wood picture frame molding

alacrity8

MGF, Master Grumble Framer
I have emailed my furloughed Larson Juhl Rep, and gotten a response, from someone else at Larson Juhl, within 30 hours.
Email may be your best option.

Brian

Joe B

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
I called Larson Juhl today at 1:15 and and pressed the #1 to leave my number for call back. Automated voice asked if my number was correct, I confirm that they had the correct phone number. At 2:56 I got a call back and they took my order. I have no idea how long it will be to get it shipped but I expect I will have the order in my shop by Friday. Like usual, great service from Larson Juhl.

wpfay

Angry Badger
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
That's a step toward good news, Joe.
I did leave a message with them on their "Contact Us" service and got a reply. Also learned that the Lakeland branch is opening tomorrow which may mean they will be delivering on Tuesday of next week. I guess they are busy which is also a good sign.

GFI62269

Grumbler in Training
That's a step toward good news, Joe.
I did leave a message with them on their "Contact Us" service and got a reply. Also learned that the Lakeland branch is opening tomorrow which may mean they will be delivering on Tuesday of next week. I guess they are busy which is also a good sign.
Larson released all of their drivers, and don't know when they'll be brought back. They are only shipping via FedEx (sticks must be less than 8') at your expense, or pickup.

Rick Granick

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
Larson released all of their drivers, and don't know when they'll be brought back. They are only shipping via FedEx (sticks must be less than 8') at your expense, or pickup.
Sh*t. That is bad... for the drivers, and for us. That means it will be cost-prohibitive to order matboard, glass, etc. from them. That means pulling all the Artique mat samples until they start delivering again. My International distributor is the only local supplier that delivers now.
:( Rick

Picture framers only resource

wvframer

Humble Picture Framer
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
David Rose discussed this on one of the webinars I attended last week. It is more about making sure that employees are safe. I had not considered how much more difficult it would be to disinfect a whole warehouse full of materials that had been coming in from all over the world.

There was also the consideration that even if they took the risk, the drivers and other employees not immediately called back would have just started receiving their unemployment, and with no certainty, there is a chance they might have to lay them off again. And then there is the whole difficulty of a large company being able to be nimble.

Last week he said that it would be 2-3 weeks to get everybody back. I am sure they don't want to delay delivery any longer than they have to. It is costing them money and maybe customers since International will be delivering next week. He also admitted that many reps would not be coming back.

I respect their decision to be cautious, but it is inconvenient at best. International has been my only source for delivery for a number of years now, so having LJ open for chops doesn't affect me much. I can go back to work when the gov says so.

Not that many shops are open yet. I am not expecting an all-clear from the state until early next month, and there are no guarantees it will happen then.

jvasko

Grumbler in Training
I suspect that no one has thought to update the voice mail options and the calls are not be routed to live people. We do know that they are monitoring the online ordering portal and you might be able to get their attention that way.

Is there really no email address that Larson Juhl is monitoring for those who have temporarily or permanently lost their reps?
ljorderemail@larsonjuhl.com

Rick Granick

Greg, thanks for clarifying the details surrounding their decision. That certainly makes sense. I hope they can get back to deliveries soon. I will miss my wonderful rep, though.
:kaffeetrinker-2: Rick

wpfay

Angry Badger
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
I got a call from LJ CS yesterday and got everything straightened out as far as my orders are concerned. I'm having to FedEx a few lengths of moulding to keep the wheels of industry turning. Only thing the CS could say is that deliveries are scheduled to resume sometime in June.
AMPF never stopped delivery, and the local distributor for The Palmetto Group should be back in operation, so most of what I normally use is available.

Vermont Hardwoods solid wood picture frame molding

Eric The Framer

CGF, Certified Grumble Framer
I finally got through with LJ order department yesterday afternoon, my warehouse (Lakeland), is open and they are shipping Fed Ex at our expense, but get this they have a 5 day leeway time for shipping, they don't know when they are going to be making deliveries yet, and yes you can pick it up with 24 hour in advance, so I got an appointment to pick up like 8 items from them, 1.25 hours each way. My appointment is at 1:30. We won't be selling any Larson or Artique, until they are back to delivering, or I will just tack the shipping, to their prices, and since they are not the cheapest....

wpfay

Angry Badger
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Well, I didn't get the memo about delays, but I just was notified of a shipment, placed 3/30, which represents about 25% of my order. Hoping the balance will arrive in a single order.
Lakeland is a 6-7 hour round trip for me, so I have to have some other reason to drive that far than a few sticks of moulding. Also hoping I can do most of my framing from inventory for the foreseeable future.

nikodeumus

After about a week of seeing on the LJ website (and reading on the Grumble) about some of LJ re-opening, I hadn't seen anything about LJ in Canada.
I sent an email to the generic email on the LJ Canada website, I got a response within the hour from one of the team members who has been taking my orders for years.
She notified me that Vancouver and Calgary locations are re-opened with reduced hours and staff, and only courier deliveries. Just like the US locations.

echavez123

Ditto with Larson problems. I placed an on-line order two weeks ago asking for shipping. Got a call from Fed Ex last week, saying the would try to re-deliver on a specific day, during specific hours. I waited and waited. No messages, not tags from Fed Ex. The larson site says my order was completed, and my bank account was billed. Have been trying to get a hold of someone at customer service since last Thursday. Nada.
Meanwhile, customer has called 3 times asking about order. This makes our gallery look bad! Larson, please get your zh__ together!
Ernesto

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Shippers are ALL messed up right now, too, and it could be the responsible party.

I mailed something 25 miles away 22 days ago, via USPS, and it still didn't get there. I mentioned it to a post office employee today and she said she isn't surprised and has heard many similar stories lately. Oddly, I mailed some other things out last Friday night, all over USA, and they all got them today. The delayed item was a package with tracking # and 2 day shipping, while the recent ones were all first class letters.

UPS has about an 8 day delay in many areas, from what people have been saying.

I think a lot of mail and packages are shipped via commercial airline, and there are far fewer flights. Things will slowly get back to normal, and it'll be amazing once ALL companies are doing their own delivery service again.

wvframer

Humble Picture Framer
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
There is going to be a lot of this for a while. Maybe a long while. I would not be surprised to see spot supply problems persisting until the end of the year.

This is one of the risks and consequences of "just in time inventory control." It was already becoming a problem before this Covid-19 mess as shipping costs continued to climb at such a steady rate, that if you ordered some chops the cost of shipping exceeded the cost of the moulding. It seemed like nobody was inventorying anything!

This is a good time to build up some inventory. And maybe to revisit that thread about repurposing mouldings. Even if you are small try to keep an additional case of basics; glass, foamboard, b & w matboard.

Customers in a hurry are getting more patient. Amazon is sometimes taking more than a week to deliver Prime orders, the major grocery chains are taking days to get a pickup order together and are constantly running out of basic things.

If customers can wait weeks for toilet paper, pasta, and yeast, they for sure can learn to wait on a frame. For me it had reached crazy levels of expectation. Two weeks in 2014, went to 1 week by 2016, and was pushing for 3 days even for orders requiring specially ordered materials. I called it the Amazon Effect.

Now, if we can be patient and learn to slow down again, we may be able to retrain our customers and to return some sanity and profitability to our industry. Maybe I am a pollyanna, but I think there are some positives possible here.

nikodeumus

I have had no problems with Larson Juhl here in BC.
I placed an order online, asked for pricing on shipping.
I got a call back that afternoon to go over the order.
I got a call with a shipping rate quote first thing the next morning.
Later that morning another call to notify me that one of the mouldings isn't available for some time because of manufacturer shut down delays.
Completely understandable, no complaint there. It was good to be notified so promptly.
Kudos from me to Larson Juhl in Western Canada.

wvframer

Humble Picture Framer
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Mike is right about shippers being partially responsible. Like grocery stores, they were all caught as flat-footed as everyone else. There are lots and lots of temporary and inexperienced people working at UPS, FEDEX, and USPS.

Although unemployment seems to be rising, there is a hiring frenzy in fulfillment and delivery businesses.

nikodeumus

There is going to be a lot of this for a while. Maybe a long while. I would not be surprised to see spot supply problems persisting until the end of the year.

This is one of the risks and consequences of "just in time inventory control." It was already becoming a problem before this Covid-19 mess as shipping costs continued to climb at such a steady rate, that if you ordered some chops the cost of shipping exceeded the cost of the moulding. It seemed like nobody was inventorying anything!

This is a good time to build up some inventory. And maybe to revisit that thread about repurposing mouldings. Even if you are small try to keep an additional case of basics; glass, foamboard, b & w matboard.

Customers in a hurry are getting more patient. Amazon is sometimes taking more than a week to deliver Prime orders, the major grocery chains are taking days to get a pickup order together and are constantly running out of basic things.

If customers can wait weeks for toilet paper, pasta, and yeast, they for sure can learn to wait on a frame. For me it had reached crazy levels of expectation. Two weeks in 2014, went to 1 week by 2016, and was pushing for 3 days even for orders requiring specially ordered materials. I called it the Amazon Effect.

Now, if we can be patient and learn to slow down again, we may be able to retrain our customers and to return some sanity and profitability to our industry. Maybe I am a pollyanna, but I think there are some positives possible here.
I completely agree with you. The "instant gratification" expectation is unrealistic, especially now.
I've never had a particularly fast turn around time for most orders, not as compared to some shops who do jobs in a few days.
Never have, never will.

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Funny that you mentioned Amazon. With prime, we are getting deliveries at home in 5-7 days (instead of 1-2 days normally). Just 10 miles away at the shop, everything is coming in the normal ONE day.

Since I typed the above, UPS delivered, but in a personal SUV full of packages. We have a big depot nearby, but they must not have enough trucks to keep up.

FrameReady Special Offer - Call 888-281-2202

Larry Peterson

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Resource Provider
All in all most deliveries go through fine. I ship both USPS and FedEx and watch all my deliveries to see how they go through. Most are OK, but when they go bad, they really go bad.

The worst one recently was a USPS 21x16x3 4 lb box that left Wilkes Bare, PA on 4/21 and arrived at its destination NORTH TONAWANDA, NY 14120, US on 5/16.

In watching the tracking on these and others, there are periods of no movement in the tracking. Most of the time they are in the dreaded "In transit" status. They will sit for many days in this status without moving. It looks like they are just sitting in some warehouse somewhere as they just isn't enough workers to tend to them properly.

FedEx can be a bit slow at times but they are a lot better than USPS. At the moment when I ship a frame, I compare the rates for both FedEx and USPS. When they are close, I always choose FedEx.

OTOH, no packages of mine have been lost. Slow yes, but lost no. And no damaged packages recently either. So there is that.

Ylva

Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
I’m with the retraining customers. If they truly need it by a specific date, they will have to pick from stock I have.
I have not run 8nt9 any problems when 8 explain this and ,ost are willing to wait.

I keep them updated every other week. Mostly with “no news” but they know I didn’t forget about their order.

echavez123

Called again this morning and after 1 hr and 2 minutes waiting, I got disconnected! Well I say --- @$_)(*@&#_)(@&$)(@^$*)&^%

alacrity8

Yesterday I checked on a Larson order I placed about 10 days ago.
Order still processing.
It arrived about 11 AM today.

We are getting our first International delivery tomorrow (they called to tell us today at around 10:30)
We are driving half the distance to Don Mar on Friday, as they cannot make overnight runs currently, or else the driver would have to be quarantined for 14 days.
We'll likely have to strap the moulding to the roof of my wife's SUV.

Brian

bruce papier

We're tearing our hair out (and we don't have all that much hair as it is). We're in a real spot because our customers still want their stuff ASAP and there's a whole new standard for ASAP now. We're somewhat mystified as to how they got quite this messed up. Apparently, they let all their drivers, reps, and warehouse workers go and now have to get them all back. That seems like a lack of planning to me.

Larry Peterson

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Resource Provider
We're in a real spot because our customers still want their stuff ASAP and there's a whole new standard for ASAP now.
Its the new normal. At least for now. I have had to disappoint some customers due to lack of supplies/acrylic/mouldings. All have been supportive. I have a ****e (****e gets past the word nazi) list that is small but occasionally gets added to. Anyone that has a problem with shortages goes on it and never comes off.

DVieau2

PFG, Picture Framing God
I called Larson Juhl today at 1:15 and and pressed the #1 to leave my number for call back. Automated voice asked if my number was correct, I confirm that they had the correct phone number. At 2:56 I got a call back and they took my order. I have no idea how long it will be to get it shipped but I expect I will have the order in my shop by Friday. Like usual, great service from Larson Juhl.
Joe, Did LJ give you any hint about when MN warehouse might be open.

Rick Granick

I placed an order yesterday (call back), and the rep said they were just informed by AMEX that there is a 5 to 6 day delay in shipping "non-essential" packages, so I don't expect to see the chops until the end of next week at best.
:icon9: Rick

Larry Peterson

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Resource Provider
I placed an order yesterday (call back), and the rep said they were just informed by AMEX that there is a 5 to 6 day delay in shipping "non-essential" packages, so I don't expect to see the chops until the end of next week at best.
:icon9: Rick
That sounds like bullhockey. What does AMEX have to do with shipping? And where does this "non-essential" carp come from. My frames going out FedEx are being delivered in a normal time frame. And my supplies coming in same-same. I ordered a couple of hundred feet of moulding from Nelson Late Friday. It arrived today. Given the 3 day weekend from MI to PA and is exactly right.

I think that LJ is probably overworked with not enough staff and everybody is ordering at once so things are slow. So why don't they just say that.

Larry Peterson

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Resource Provider
Its the new normal. At least for now. I have had to disappoint some customers due to lack of supplies/acrylic/mouldings. All have been supportive. I have a ****e (****e gets past the word nazi) list that is small but occasionally gets added to. Anyone that has a problem with shortages goes on it and never comes off.

Kudos to the word nazi. They now recognize that ****e is a bad word. Darn. Loved BritSwearing.

Donmar Creations

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
We are driving half the distance to Don Mar on Friday, as they cannot make overnight runs currently, or else the driver would have to be quarantined for 14 days.
We'll likely have to strap the moulding to the roof of my wife's SUV.
Brian
We drove to Donmar this morning to pick up an order, as they are a couple towns away. I believe they are starting curbside supply delivery immediately, but I dont know if there are restrictions on which states/routes are open.

Joe B

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Joe, Did LJ give you any hint about when MN warehouse might be open.
Not really - that is run by corporate so they don't really know for sure. You can pick up at the warehouse but you have to call the orders desk and tell them you want to pick up and they will notify the Mpls warehouse who will call and schedule a time - at least that was what was explained to me today. I have been letting them deliver with Speede. It is taking about 3 to 4 days to get the orders and Speede is less expensive than me running there. I had mats delivered by Speede delivery with shipping cost of $18.60 because of the box for the mats being oversized - which is still less than me driving there, 1.5 hours round trip and gas, but, then again, today, I got 24' of the heavy Cumberland 597112 moulding delived cut 8 and balance for $8.74 shipping, I ordered Thursday - a heck of a lot less expensive than me driving there and the delivery time frame wasn't bad. I'm just telling customers that I can't give an exact date of the project being finished but will continue to contact them with updates. It's been working good so far...

nikodeumus

I have had no problems with Larson Juhl here in BC.
I placed an order online, asked for pricing on shipping.
I got a call back that afternoon to go over the order.
I got a call with a shipping rate quote first thing the next morning.
Later that morning another call to notify me that one of the mouldings isn't available for some time because of manufacturer shut down delays.
Completely understandable, no complaint there. It was good to be notified so promptly.
Kudos from me to Larson Juhl in Western Canada.
Update:
The order I placed on Monday, finalized on Tuesday and it arrived Wednesday.
Delivery was literally the next day.
Yes, the shipping rate was more than what we pay LJ when they deliver. BUT it was fast!

Fantastic service from the LJ branch in Vancouver, BC.

framewrightscf

Grumbler
Larson-Juhl's performance over the last several weeks has been abysmal. Every other supplier we deal with has at the very least been able to answer their phones and return calls in a timely manner. The lack of quality communication from Larson-Juhl has been breathtaking. I personally know a CSR who has not started working again even though he takes phone calls from his home. There is no safety reason not to have CSRs answering calls from their home. My other suppliers have understandably been running a day or two behind their typical schedule. Larson-Juhl claims they are taking a whopping 5 business days to ship out orders and yet I have an order from 5/28 that has yet to leave the warehouse.

I just got word that our 5/28 and 6/3 orders will be on the truck for delivery this week. We tried to have them cancelled and reorder for truck delivery last week, but apparently that was too difficult to accomplish. Phone service was still non-existent yesterday as I received a call back 4 hours after leaving a message and after we had closed. They replaced our rep and the new guy keeps feeding us the PR doublespeak. "We're ramping up to meet expectations" Blah, Blah, Blah. Talk is cheap.

Fortunately our clients have been understanding, but having to change timelines over and over because of failed promises is not fun. I don't blame the lower level workers, but the failure from management to have a plan in place to meet demand is incredible.

Larry Peterson

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Resource Provider
I agree that LJ really has to get their act together. This week will be my first delivery since the shutdown; 2500 smakeroos worth. Since they furloughed everyone I didn't know if things would be the same or different. I'm hard to find so if there was a new driver, I needed to let them know how to find me.

I called customer service numerous time and just got the dreaded "you wait time is great than 10 minutes............." message. I couldn't use the call back feature as the streamer that streams from my phone to my hearing aids has a very limited battery life. Calls to my rep went unanswered also.

Finally I called the person who was my driver; Larry. He answered and is still my driver so things are good. But they really need to work on there phone response.

nikodeumus

It must be a regional issue.
My experiences with LJ Canada throughout COVID have been very good.

Of course, every frame shops needs are different. I'm a very small, low volume shop.
My customers are willing to wait as long as it takes for me to get supplies, etc. So no pressure for specific delivery dates.
I can understand how frustrating it must be when deadlines are expected to be met.

My communication with LJ Canada has been effortless.
Emails answered in a timely manner. Phone calls returned promptly.
This past week my regional Rep delivered supplies to her customers on the island I'm on because the drivers are still not back.
It's about 1.5 hours ferry ride each way, plus hours of driving time between the towns/cities she had to visit.
It's clear she cares about her customers and representing her company well.

framewrightscf

Grumbler
It must be a regional issue.
My experiences with LJ Canada throughout COVID have been very good.

Of course, every frame shops needs are different. I'm a very small, low volume shop.
My customers are willing to wait as long as it takes for me to get supplies, etc. So no pressure for specific delivery dates.
I can understand how frustrating it must be when deadlines are expected to be met.

My communication with LJ Canada has been effortless.
Emails answered in a timely manner. Phone calls returned promptly.
This past week my regional Rep delivered supplies to her customers on the island I'm on because the drivers are still not back.
It's about 1.5 hours ferry ride each way, plus hours of driving time between the towns/cities she had to visit.
It's clear she cares about her customers and representing her company well.

Yes, I'm sure there is regional variation. We are based in the Southeast US.

Part of it may be the additional $600 per week federal unemployment payment that is keeping people from coming back to work. I know another one of our suppliers had that issue, but they were still able to take care of business.

Do they have anything like that in Canada?

Nurre Caxton 'opened' May 21st or so, but when I called in an order they were very upfront about it being 3 weeks for length and over a month for chops. They also referred me on to one of their distributors who was able to fulfill what I needed. That was acceptable communication.

Larson Juhl gets everyone exited about branches reopening, but then announces 5 business days to ship, but doesn't come close to meeting it and is nearly impossible to reach. That is the frustrating and unacceptable part.

Larry Peterson

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Resource Provider
Larson Juhl gets everyone exited about branches reopening, but then announces 5 business days to ship, but doesn't come close to meeting it and is nearly impossible to reach. That is the frustrating and unacceptable part.
I get my first truck delivery this Thursday. Spoke to the driver today and everything seems to be OK with it.

framewrightscf

Grumbler
I get my first truck delivery this Thursday. Spoke to the driver today and everything seems to be OK with it.
Our first truck delivery was last week and that went fine, hopefully yours goes well too. Unfortunately, it's the orders from over 2 weeks ago that haven't been fulfilled.

nikodeumus

Part of it may be the additional $600 per week federal unemployment payment that is keeping people from coming back to work. I know another one of our suppliers had that issue, but they were still able to take care of business.

Do they have anything like that in Canada?
Yes, there is a similar federal assistance program here called CERB.
I believe it works out to $500 weekly.
I have been fortunate enough to be employed full time throughout COVID, so I have not needed to apply.
A couple of my co-workers have needed to use it.
They are both back to working their regular shifts.
It was recently announced that the CERB will be extended for another 8 weeks, as many people are still unable to resume work.
The tough part is that back to work for some people can be self-regulated.
If you don't want to work, nobody will make you.
So what's the incentive for part-time/low-wage workers, why go back to work if you are getting paid more on federal assistance?
That's getting into a bigger topic that isn't the focus of this thread.

Completely understandable. Sounds like an upper management problem. Poor communication.
Someone had the idea of putting on the appearance of "returning to normal", without fully understanding the difficulties.
A typical leadership problem of "Just make it happen" commanded by someone who doesn't bother to figure out HOW to make it happen.
And has left the fall-out to the "underlings".

Rian Fabrication Services  www.rianfabrication.com