Question Kool Tack E2

Rick Granick

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Is KoolTack E2 Extra Strength mounting board usable for mounting a print on canvas?
Does it have the same temperature activation point as the regular Kooltack FC?
:coffeedrinker2: Rick

DSR7

True Grumbler
Business
Frame Theory
I was under the impression that E2 was specifically designed with canvas print mounting in mind. That being said, I believe the temperature requirement is the same but they recommend a longer dwell time.

homeaccents

CGF II, Certified Grumble Framer Level 2
I have some E2 coming to mount a bunch of decorative canvas prints, and wondered if you were able to determine the best temp and dwell time for it?
I looked for information on the Kool-Tack website, which seems to be under construction, and also searched Frame Specialties website, but couldn't find any product information. We have used Mountcor for these projects with great results in the past, but that is not available right now. I've heard good things about the Kool tack products, but It seems like their temp and dwell times activate differently, and I couldn't find any info on the E2 specifically. Any help, or advise is greatly appreciated!!

homeaccents

I use MountCor Canvas - 130 degrees and a 3 minute dwell will insure not over-cooking the art which can harm some inks.
Thanks Joe. I do the same when I can get my hands on MountCor, but all of my suppliers are out of stock, so I have the Kool Tack E2 coming, which is supposed to be a comparable product, but I believe they differ in the temp and dwell time from Mountcor.

Frances M.

Thanks Wally, I sure can. I just thought someone that's used the product might be willing to share the recommended temp and dwell time.
Were you able to get any info on the mounting temperature? I just called and they have one person answering the phone - others are out with Covid and will call back. I'd like to get on with my project if possible.