Keeton Matcutter Instructions

Greg Fremstad

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
From
Eugene OR
A fellow framer donated a Keeton Matcutter to a worthy non-profit and they need an instruction sheet to help them adjust it.
Please FAX me at 1-541-431-4366 or Email at gregf@frametek.com or call at 1-800-227-9934
Thank you.

FrameMakers

PFG, Picture Framing God
From
Powell, OH
I learned on a Keeton some twenty plus years ago and the cutter was over 10 years old then. there's not much that can be adjusted on them though
shrug.gif

JRB

PFG, Picture Framing God
From
San Diego, CA
I started my business using a very old Keeton. I doubt if there are any instructions for them. The only thing I do remember was that the Keeton had to be throughly cleaned every day. The cutter just didn't work worth a darn if it had even the slightest dirt under the head or on the bar. It was one great cutter though, wish I hadn't sold it.

John

Framar

WOW Framer
From
Buffalo, New York, USA/Fort Erie, Ontario, Canada
I have a Keeton Kutter with a Hendrixson head. The Keeton came with absolutely ZERO instructions and the Hendrixson head came with a 1/4 inch thick booklet of totally incomprehensible instructions written by RAH himself.

Actually Hendrixson had me on the phone for over two hours whilst I installed the head and I just kept saying "Uh-huh" to his questions and suggestions. He was an aerospace engineer before he became a framer. Talk about tech-talk!

But the Keeton works just great with only occasional cleaning and tefloning. Save small knock-outs to clean bar and use Q-tips and toilet paper - that's how Hendrixson taught me.

As a matter of fact - my head stopped sliding just yesterday (doesn't that sound weird?) and I disassembled the whole thing and found clumps of black oily (teflony?) crap everywhere it could possibly hide! When I cleaned it all nice and spiffy, I discovered some writing on the inside of the head. Bob had written, "Hi Mar" and I had totally forgotten!

Guess I should clean it more often!