For Sale: ITW AMP Mitre-Mite VN-2+1 underpinner and corner clamps

WalterZ

Grumbler in Training
This is an ITW AMP Mitre-Mite VN-2+1 underpinner. It is used for high precision joining of picture framing moulding. I sometimes refer to it as the world’s most amazing hammer. It is pneumatic (runs on air pressure). I replaced some air hoses and a valve because they developed air leaks. It includes the underpinner, foot control, and a bunch of the special V nails in different lengths that are used to join the moulding along with some other minor parts. I will post the nails and minor ports in a few days when I’m back at the shop. I paid $1,400 for this a few years ago. I stopped making picture frames a while ago and am eager to part with it at this point. Asking $900 OBO. Local pickup in Greenwater, WA or i can arrange shipping. It is fairly heavy, at about 75 lbs.

I have the manual in PDF format and will send if you are interested.

I also have 8 corner clamps with adjustable bases. These are made from cast iron. They’ve been sitting for a while and are dusty but otherwise in excellent shape. I paid $70 (iirc) each for the corner clamps and am asking $30 each.

Send inquiries to dmountains@gmail.com

Attachments

• IMG_4234.JPG
    IMG_4234.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_4236.JPG
    IMG_4236.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_4237.JPG
    IMG_4237.JPG
    291 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_4238.JPG
    IMG_4238.JPG
    324.4 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_4027.JPG
    IMG_4027.JPG
    346.5 KB · Views: 116
No replies but over 90 views. Hmmmm.... Ok then, the price for the underpinner is now $700.

I bought it used so don’t know what it was used for before i bought it.

I used it to make probably a few hundred frames. I had it for less than a year and had an injury that put an end to my use of it and it’s been sitting unused for a while since then.

I have this same machine and the pressure regulator cracked.
Would you consider selling the regulator only? It is the knob on the upper right corner of the machine and the underside of the knob under the machine cover.

This is an ITW AMP Mitre-Mite VN-2+1 underpinner. It is used for high precision joining of picture framing moulding. I sometimes refer to it as the world’s most amazing hammer. It is pneumatic (runs on air pressure). I replaced some air hoses and a valve because they developed air leaks. It includes the underpinner, foot control, and a bunch of the special V nails in different lengths that are used to join the moulding along with some other minor parts. I will post the nails and minor ports in a few days when I’m back at the shop. I paid $1,400 for this a few years ago. I stopped making picture frames a while ago and am eager to part with it at this point. Asking $900 OBO. Local pickup in Greenwater, WA or i can arrange shipping. It is fairly heavy, at about 75 lbs.

I have the manual in PDF format and will send if you are interested.

I also have 8 corner clamps with adjustable bases. These are made from cast iron. They’ve been sitting for a while and are dusty but otherwise in excellent shape. I paid $70 (iirc) each for the corner clamps and am asking $30 each.

Send inquiries to dmountains@gmail.com
Hi looking for joiner 708`372`3810

Walter hasn't been here since February so it is unlikely that you will get a response.

Back