It's not easy to cut MDF with Morso.

ijaein

True Grumbler
Business
framer
I'm having a hard time cutting the MDF molding. I've searched a lot of forums, but there seems to be no solution.
May I ask what others do?
I thought it was because the blade was soft, but it's still like that even when I sharpen it.

First of all, I'm going to go and cut it with a support behind the molding today.
Please pray that everything goes well.

:(

Attachments

• KakaoTalk_Photo_2023-02-15-23-14-14.jpeg
    KakaoTalk_Photo_2023-02-15-23-14-14.jpeg
    58.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
We do a lot of work using MDF and Ultralight MDF and from our experience, I would not even consider cutting them with anything other than a saw. You may be successful cutting Ultralight MDF using a chopper but due to the increased density of standard MDF (33% more dense than UL MDF) it is too hard and will usually chip on the edges and ultimately destroy the chopper blades. I would even go as far as recommending a dedicated set of saw blades if you are cutting a lot of MDF since it will also dull them much quicker than hardwood.

As you said, it seems right to give up cutting mdf with Morso. I found that the result varies greatly depending on which direction i cut the mdf. I think it's because the mdf board is compressed from the top.

Back