Is there a Battery powered framing stapler.

Vincenzo

Grumbler in Training
Business
Vincenzo’s Art Grotto
Hi grumblers,
I’d like to have something more powerfull than my point driver when needed but prefer not to use pneumatic with the noise of the compressor. Is there an electric or battery operated stapler that can be used for framing? I searched extensive and can’t find anything that’ll work. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I just found this review video. It has a safety switch that needs to be pressed against the surface.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There are "silent" air compressors that are used by some framers as well as being in many dental offices.
There are also battery operated "crown staplers" that accept long staples, These would have to be modified to shorten the strokes penetration into the wood moulding. This would be accomplished by reducing the length of the flat hammer at the end of the piston.

Last edited:
Staplers that are specifically designed as fitting tools have a head that's engineered to keep the staple flush with the mount or filler board, or to go through them at a shallow angle, both leaving the staple proud of the substrate. I don't think an existing battery driven stapler designed to drive staples flush and perpendicular to the substrate can be modified easily to perform the same functions.

As Jerry pointed out there are very quiet compressors, and there are any number of low noise level, less than 60 dB, now being made. I was in a shop recently that had converted from a big central compressor system with lots of overhead piping and drops, to dedicated quiet Husky brand compressors for each pneumatic machine. The owners were very happy with the efficiency and reduction of noise, even with the original compressor in another part of their building.

Hi grumblers,
I’d like to have something more powerfull than my point driver when needed but prefer not to use pneumatic with the noise of the compressor. Is there an electric or battery operated stapler that can be used for framing? I searched extensive and can’t find anything that’ll work. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
If you have a big enough tank on your air compressor, you can run it at the start of the day, and turn it off when full.
Depending on how much you have to frame, that can get you through the day.
Quiet air compressors are also quite nice.

I would love a cordless power option as well.
I found one a year ago on some web site, but it turned out to be discontinued.

I have this great little Senco compressor under the end of my workbench to power my point driver, stapler, 18ga. brad gun and 23ga pin driver. It is cheap to buy, very reliable, and VERY QUIET.
:cool: Rick
Amazon product ASIN B0000AQK78
There is a newer version of this called the PC1010N that has roll-cage construction.

Thanks everyone, a battery option would work best for me. I am amazed that we have battery operated nailers and staplers that have replaced or reduce the need for pneumatic tools in general for construction, etc but none for picture framing? I may have to settle for pnuematic.

Vincenzo, the main reason for manufacturers not jumping into the picture framing industry for specialized battery operated fitting tools is the lack of volume to make a special tool and make a profit. This trend has dramatically increased in the last 20 years or so.

You might look into upholstery staplers. I believe that the pneumatic Senco staplers we use in our shop are made as upholstery staplers. I haven't investigated battery operated ones, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was something that would work for you.

I'm pretty sure Senco has battery-powered (cordless) staplers. Check Grainger.

Something to keep in mind with "regular" crown-type staplers would be the amount of clearance from the edge of the tool to where the staple actually exits.
If there is a large gap, then it would not be suitable for most picture framing applications.
The staples won't be flush to the backing board.
rybispl.jpg

I have a Ryobi battery-powered brad nailer which could allow a closer placement but have never tried it for closing a frame package.
I have reservations about its effectiveness in this situation as well.

Back