Question Is Linked in a scam?

Pat Kotnour

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
Can someone help me with Linkedin: I signed up for a free trial on an ad program. Since then I have not been able to log in to my account. It says that it doesn't recognize my e-mail or phone numbers. I want to send them a note or call them, but there isn't any numbers or e-mails listed. Am I missing something.

Ylva

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
I don't have a LinkedIn account, so am not completely sure.

Did you create an account first, before creating the ad? That might be where the problem is. Maybe there is a different log in to your account, and a different log in for the 'campaign manager' account?

What happens if you do the 'forgot password' link?

Larry Peterson

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Resource Provider
Sounds Phishy. Exactly how did you signup? Was it directly on the LinkedIn site or through an email you received. If it was the first then you should be OK. If it was from an email, it could be a scam.

alacrity8

Forum Donor
Linked In itself is not a scam.
Plenty of people us it to network.

That said, I have no idea how to use it, and I get plenty of people trying to sell me service that I have no need or want for.
As far as I know there is no fee for Linked In.
There is likely to be a fee for selling ads.

Try going to this link:
Click the Other option.
Fill in a quick description of what you need, and then click Create a support ticket.
Hopefully that will get someone to contact you.

alacrity8

Forum Donor
Linked In itself is not a scam.
Plenty of people us it to network.

That said, I have no idea how to use it, and I get plenty of people trying to sell me service that I have no need or want for.
As far as I know there is no fee for Linked In.
There is likely to be a fee for selling ads.

Try going to this link:
Click the Other option.
Fill in a quick description of what you need, and then click Create a support ticket.
Hopefully that will get someone to contact you.
Apparently the support option only works when you are logged in.
Have you tried logging in with your Facebook account, or google account?

If that doesn't work, perhaps create a new account, and then try the method I suggested in the previous message to get someone to contact you.

Larry Peterson

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Resource Provider
I should clarify what I said before. We don't know how Pat signed up. Maybe she signed up for LinkedIn, maybe she didn't. If she signed up directly on LinkedIn then maybe she's OK but not being able to sign in doesn't sound right.

If she replied to an email, then maybe she got phished.

Once Pat tells us how she signed up, we will know better what's going on.

Pat Kotnour

Sounds Phishy. Exactly how did you signup? Was it directly on the LinkedIn site or through an email you received. If it was the first then you should be OK. If it was from an email, it could be a scam.
I have had a Linkedin account for years and have gotten many notice's of people wanting me to connect with them. I was on my linkedin page when I took them up on a free month trial on their advertising. Since then I haven't been able to log in, nor have I gotten anything from them since that day. On Dec. 15 they are going to start charging my cc $67 a month and the only way to stop it is to cancel my credit card or stop payment on them. Will one of you go into LI and see if you can find me in there and send me a message? I need to get to the bottom of this before the 15th.

Pat Kotnour

Can someone help me with Linkedin: I signed up for a free trial on an ad program. Since then I have not been able to log in to my account. It says that it doesn't recognize my e-mail or phone numbers. I want to send them a note or call them, but there isn't any numbers or e-mails listed. Am I missing something.
I have had a Linkedin account for years and have gotten many notice's of people wanting me to connect with them. I was on my linkedin page when I took them up on a free month trial on their advertising. Since then I haven't been able to log in, nor have I gotten anything from them since that day. On Dec. 15 they are going to start charging my cc $67 a month and the only way to stop it is to cancel my credit card or stop payment on them. Will one of you go into LI and see if you can find me in there and send me a message? I need to get to the bottom of this before the 15th.

alacrity8

Forum Donor
I just sent you "Connection" request with a note.

The messaging option needs me to sign up for a free trial. I'm not a fan of doing that as I always forget to cancel in time.
If you need me to I am willing to do so, but please try to see if you get a notification via email.

There is a listing on your profile for a Black Friday Sale.
That seems to be your most recent content.

Brian

Romanf

CGF, Certified Grumble Framer
Forum Donor
Business
Simply watercolors

The messaging option needs me to sign up for a free trial. I'm not a fan of doing that as I always forget to cancel in time.
If you need me to I am willing to do so, but please try to see if you get a notification via email.

Brian
That’s new, how can there be a trial to a supposed free site? When I was on Linked in there was never a charge. That does seem very wrong for sure. Just checked into this and found that Microsoft now owns Linkedin, so not surprised that they are now pay for play. Read the reviews on line before you sign up.

Last edited:

alacrity8

Forum Donor
That’s new, how can there be a trial to a supposed free site? When I was on Linked in there was never a charge. That does seem very wrong for sure. Just checked into this and found that Microsoft now owns Linkedin, so not surprised that they are now pay for play. Read the reviews on line before you sign up.
The trial was necessary for sending messages to someone I am not "Connected" to.
Not sure if messages are free from to you "Connections".

Pat Kotnour

Brian
Was you connection request sent to my patkotn@aol.com or attachezoms@aol.com? I never received it. I was able to get in with my personal address, but not my business and I can't find anything about it. I think I'm going to have to cancel my CC in order to keep from getting billed monthly. I really don't trust this site to do the right thing anymore. I can't get into my Attach-EZ one and it keeps coming back that I should merge the two together, but doesn't give me a way to do that. I didn't even know that there was more than one. The Attach-EZ is the one the free trial was done on and is now the one I can't get into to stop the trial. There is no customer service or phone number to call. Do you have any idea's of what I should do? There doesn't seem to be any way out other than cancel my cc.

Romanf

CGF, Certified Grumble Framer
Forum Donor
Business
Simply watercolors

Brian
Was you connection request sent to my patkotn@aol.com or attachezoms@aol.com? I never received it. I was able to get in with my personal address, but not my business and I can't find anything about it. I think I'm going to have to cancel my CC in order to keep from getting billed monthly. I really don't trust this site to do the right thing anymore. I can't get into my Attach-EZ one and it keeps coming back that I should merge the two together, but doesn't give me a way to do that. I didn't even know that there was more than one. The Attach-EZ is the one the free trial was done on and is now the one I can't get into to stop the trial. There is no customer service or phone number to call. Do you have any idea's of what I should do? There doesn't seem to be any way out other than cancel my cc.
Here is how you contact linkedin customer service:

Important: We don't currently offer a phone number for customer support. Some websites advertise LinkedIn phone support for a fee. These websites aren't affiliated with LinkedIn in any way and we're proactively working on taking action on them. Keep in mind that we don't charge for customer support and we'll never ask you for your password or access to your computer.

To submit a LinkedIn.com support case:
  1. Click the Me icon at the top of your LinkedIn homepage and select Help from the dropdown.
  2. Click Open Help in a new tab.
  3. Click Contact us at the bottom of the Help Center page.
    • Members with a Basic (free) account will have to select an article or a recommended topic to view Contact us.
    • You can also click Live chat at the bottom of the Help Center page to chat with a representative online, if available. This option is currently available only for Premium members.
  4. Click Get help from us.
  5. Click Other and search for a question or a topic.
  6. If you don't find an answer to your question, click Create a support ticket at the bottom of the page.
  7. Complete the required fields and click Submit. One of our Customer Service representatives will reply to you as quickly as possible.
Note: Live chat is only available in English, even if you’re using LinkedIn or Help Center in another language. This option is currently available only for Premium members.

You can access the Help Center for different products by clicking the dropdown to the left of the search bar at the top of any Help Center.

alacrity8

Forum Donor
I'm attaching screenshots of the account I sent a message to.
It appears to be the Attach-EZ site.

I just now sent one to what appears to be the personal site.

Hopefully Roman's info is helpful.

Attachments

• Screenshot (21).png
    Screenshot (21).png
    231 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot (22).png
    Screenshot (22).png
    206.8 KB · Views: 3