• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.

Install Job

Rian Fabrication Services  www.rianfabrication.com

wpfay

Comfort Badger
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Not a frame design, but an install job we are quite proud of.
The work by Idris Kahn is 3 lites of tempered glass with a phrase stamped on the surface of each using oil based inks.
The brackets are made specifically for each piece. The entire piece weighs about 220 lbs.
It took 2 of us 4.5 hours to uncrate and install.
This is the only piece that has been installed by someone other than the people from the gallery that represents Kahn.
The piece is roughly 60" tall X 50" wide (it's all in metric).
This is a B&W photo taken of the piece when it was installed in the gallery. The color of the inks is a dark sapphire.
1605631270266.png

wpfay

Comfort Badger
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
I was, that's why I hired the best to work with on this.
The installation instructions were incredibly detailed.

Ylva

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
I can only imagine. It has to be just right, especially lining everything up but also the sheer weight of this. Incredible. I am sure you were happy and relieved when it was done

Vermont Hardwoods solid wood picture frame molding

David Hewitt

CGF II, Certified Grumble Framer Level 2
Neat Wally, would like to see the anchoring system diagram, from the pictures it looks invisible. Very clean look.

wpfay

Comfort Badger
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
I only have a Dropbox file and have no idea as to how to lift a single page from that. Here's a quick rendering of the lower bracket anchor. The bracket slides down on this with no play at all and a perfect flush fit. The upper ones are similar but slide on from the side once the lites are in place using a temporary anchor on the side.

IMG_0313.jpg

Rian Fabrication Services  www.rianfabrication.com