Inmes IM-3 SE, any good?

FrameReady Special Offer - Call 888-281-2202

FrameArt

Grumbler
Got someone who wants to sell me a used inmes IM-3 SE underpinner. I have an old manual Cassese that still works great, but maybe a backup? Although I don't want the wrong machine for a back up. Can probably get it cheap. Having trouble finding reviews or discussions about it. Anyone love it? Hate it??
thanks

wpfay

Comfort Badger
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Business
Sunshine Frames
First I would check on availability of repair parts and service, then make sure the kind of v-nails it uses and where they can be purchased.

artfolio

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
I looked at an Inmes v-nailer and their mitre saw at different times but bought neither. I thought they looked flimsy and roughly finished and ended up buying Brevettis both times.

It would not surprise me if the seller replaced this machine with something better.

AaronF

CGF, Certified Grumble Framer
I own an Inmes mitre saw and couldn't be happier with it. I don't know much about their quality of their older models, but this one is about 1yr old now and is built very well, with thick metal and quality materials.

Rusted One

Grumbler in Training
Business
Rusted Imaging
Register for the picture framer's grumble
I own an Inmes mitre saw and couldn't be happier with it. I don't know much about their quality of their older models, but this one is about 1yr old now and is built very well, with thick metal and quality materials.
After all this time, what is your opinion of this saw now???

picture framing clamps by MasterClamp 2021
Register for the picture framer's grumble
Vermont Hardwoods solid wood picture frame molding