• Welcome! You will have to register a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.

Inmes 5P underpinner help

Michaelcurneen

Grumbler in Training
Hello i just got a new Inmes 5p Underpinner and I am still in the feeling out stage. My problem is that the v nails only come out half the time. Its new, clean but its not firing the v nails into the moulding every time. Does anyone have any ideas. Thanks

Joe B

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
Forum Donor
Pressure adjustment for the head. You may have a faulty hammer/driver. Wrong Vnails.

auntiesarahjayne

MGF, Master Grumble Framer
make sure your Vnail size matches the depth you have set. I found the soft Vnails work better than the hard. Also check your air pressure. Also are you putting the V nails in with glue side up?

Michaelcurneen

Grumbler in Training
Thanks for the feedback. I have the right size v nails. And the are in the right way. Pressure is correct. It works beautifully then fires nails only some of the time. Now it's only going into the moulding 1/3 of the way. It's clean and clamp if where it's supposed to get. Confused and work is piling up. Glad I still have my old manual underpinner.

artfolio

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
I recall years ago when i upgraded to a pneumatic underpinner I was looking at an Inmes and did not like it. My overall impression was that it looked roughly put together and a bit tinny so I went with a Brevetti which is still going strong for the new owners of my business.

Picture Framing Website www.framingengine.com

framestudio

CGF II, Certified Grumble Framer Level 2
That seems odd.....I have a Inmes 4p and never had this issue.
If the pressure gauges are correct for the front clamp and trigger button and the v-nails are set at the correct depth in the machine for size you are using, then the only other thing I can think of is brand of the v-nail itself. I read here on the grumble years ago that Inmes machines don't always work well with other brands of v-nails. Inmes can trouble shoot issues via Omega Moulding. I had an issue once and they ask me to make a video of the problem and a day later they sent me a video on how to repair it.

AIM: New/Used Picture Framing Equip. 330-405-9421
;Added 5/9/20 MPL to disable rich text editor by default for IOS devices that have bug in browser