I wanna be first, I wanna be first!!!!!

B. Newman

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
To say CONGRATS BARB PELTON!!!! She made the cover of the Rolling Stone, er I mean Photo Marketing Magazine!!!!

I haven't read the article yet, I just had to run in and get it posted here!

Way to go, Barb!

Betty

Way to go, Barb!!
Since I don't have access to that publication, wonder if someone would be kind enough to post the pic, and/or the article???

(Course, like, ah, DUH! Blonds are supposed to, like, look good and be on the covers of, like magazines??)

Seriously, though: congratulations, Barb!

I read the article last night. It was great! I think it needs to be framed!

Betty

Thanks guys. I haven't seen it (usually don't get industry publications until LATE in the month--way after everyone else has discussed the articles).

Didn't know I was on the cover!
(Ugh--I'm much more comfortable on the OTHER side of a camera lense!!)

If it looks and sounds good, you'll have to give credit to Alice Gibson. She and hubby Wayne are two of the nicest people in the world!

Congrats Barb! Very nice article. You will be pleased when you see the cover. I never had you pegged as the "belly ring Goth" type, but there you go! Are the "dreds" hard to take care of? The part of the article that fascinated me the most was where they said you made the decison to appeal to younger shoppers by adding a strobe light. I'm curious, does that affect the design process? Very cutting edge if you ask me.

Congrats again!

Aw, Kathy, ya gotta make at least one Atlanta show soon!! It's quite a site to see Barb, Kit, and Wally sauntering down the street of an evening.
faintthud.gif

Barb in her Brittany bare midriff "flash my belly ring" outfit and stilleto heels, Kit in her flowing silver lame "kite", and Wally in his shorts and flip flops. It's like a walking rock concert complete with lighting system and backup percussion section!!
thumbsup.gif

Of course, I, being the shy inhibited one of the bunch, usually just lag behind taking in the window displays or reading the ads on passing taxis.
sleep.gif

Framerguy

P.S. All joking aside, I couldn't think of anyone better to spend a weekend with than these 3 framers! Well, there's also Mark, and uh, Ron, and ......... let's see, uh, Charles, and uh ....................

I got a few copies from PM magazine today that the post office failed to put through the shredder. Boy. What a messy looking store.

I'll have to take some other pics to show you that parts of it are really clean and organized
(cough cough)uh, but not like today or anything.
Today the whole place is a wreck. "Organized Chaos" is what Melissa calls it. (I'm telling you that girl could be a "fine" political spin-meister.)

Kathy--the strobe light is my special way of dazzling the customer with design. When the designing is done, and right when I hit them with the price, I have them lay down on the bed and stare at the lava lamp. I'm not sure this technique would work for everyone, but it's been good for me.

FGII--I've had to retire the belly ring. (Hernia surgery-ack!) But lucky for me, the REALLY BIG chandelier earrings from the 80's are back!!
But be warned--don't stand to close to me in case I suddenly have to look the other direction. It'll be not unlike the sensation of sticking your head in a ceiling fan.

(And, I'm really NOT that fat....that's a , ah, shadow or something!)

Barb -
Great article on your place! It's always nice to put a face on someone from TG -

Kathy -
Checked out the article THREE times looking for the belly ring, dreds & strob light??? Then it dawned on me - April 1st - DOH!!! :D

My issue also just arrived by today's mail.
Very nice, Barb!
Those are some pretty snazzy hummingbird feeders.

Monday I received a copy of Photo Marketing and I used a magnifying glass to try to find you, Barb. Today I recieved another copy...the April issue and there you were! Great article and photos.

The first one was the March issue. (read BIG sigh)

Back