Resolved How to post a question as solved

The original poster indicated they have found a solution and that this topic has been RESOLVED / SOLVED
Depends on which forum?

You mean like the 'sold' status once an item is sold? Maybe a 'found' status once you have located an item you searched for?

I don't think it makes sense to change a general question, as that is advice other framers can use at a later point.

The people who used the green thumbs up emoji probably lifted it from another site and pasted it here
1642785710156.png

There has been a discussion in the moderator's lounge about this, and the coding for the "Resolved" option hasn't been done yet. Mike was able to get some of the others piecemeal but nothing offered for "resolved" at this point in time.
I checked the edit function that we have, and there's nothing there to modify the header to indicate that the question has been answered.

Other forums I have been on have an option to mark something as solved. Mike took a look at this in this post https://www.thegrumble.com/threads/test-of-question-post.86510/ Question - Test of QUESTION post and concluded that it might be feasible in the future. Its now the future................ :p

If you post your original thread as a "Question" type, from one of the tabs, the option to mark the "best answer" should be available after it has replies. That is what you saw in my example, which has been live for a while - but no one uses the feature.

For the Help Wanted, Commercial Posts, and HELP! sections, there is a feature where you can mark a post as EXPIRED. (To indicate the request or offer is no longer active). I can expand that feature to other areas, if needed.

For FOR SALE, there is a very similar feature where you can mark your post as SOLD.

A new RESOLVED feature will be added today, where you can mark your own post as being resolved. Which subforums do you think this will be useful for? I am only putting it in the computer section at the moment, for testing. Please let us know.

In the cases of using EXPIRED or SOLD, the system will automatically lock the thread down from receiving any additional replies. For the new RESOLVED feature, it will not lock the thread down. (unless people think it should, then we can change that behavior)

Mike

In the cases of using EXPIRED or SOLD, the system will utomatically lock the thread down from receiving any additional replies. For the new RESOLVED feature, it will not lock the thread down. (unless people think it should, then we can change that behavior)

Mike
I vote to keep it open after being marked as resolved. I have been on other forums, mostly programming ones, where threads are annoyingly marked as resolved and locked leaving no room for future discussions.

Back