• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.

How to mount wedding ring?

Ad Banner for SmallCorp

Echobelly

Grumbler
I have a customer that wants a small shadow box made for a mans gold wedding ring. She wants the ring flat on the mat board. The edges are very thin gold. I could attach it with fishline, but that would show. I thought of epoxy, but there's a very thin edge and I'm afraid it would ooze out onto the mat. She would prefer it not be glued, too. Any ideas?

Lafontsee

CGF II, Certified Grumble Framer Level 2
This is just a spitball, but how about cutting a circle of the same matboard used for the backer just a tiny bit bigger than the size of the inside of the ring then raising it up with another layer or two of matboard so that you could pressure fit the ring over it?

James

W.D Quinn Saw Co. - US Made Picture Frame Blades

Ylva

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Would you be able to ‘tilt’ it a little bit?
You would be able to see the inside even better probably.
You could make a small slit in the backboard, fill it with foam core on the other side of the backboard, so it is sunk a little.
Not unlike some displays at the jeweler.
It also gives you a better chance of hiding the Mylar. The ring would rest on an almost slanted platform

Hope it makes sense, it is clear in my mind and that is not saying much...lol

Direct Contact Overlays DCO Book by James Miller