• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.
Hoffmann Dovetail Joining System

For Sale: Hoffman MU2 Dovetail Machine Like New

cubs52632

Grumbler
I have a Hoffman MU2 bench top machine that is in perfect condition, and has only be used to join about 10 frames total. We purchased to use for shadowboxes, and haven't gotten a lot of use out of it. It was bought new about 2 years ago, and has had extremely light use, and is in perfect working order.

Dovetailer is located in Macomb, IL and the asking price is $2500. We can assist with shipping at the buyers cost. I can be reached at sales@legendsframing or by calling 309-569-5469.

Attachments

cubs52632

Grumbler
Would really like to get this sold. I would be willing to take $2,350 for it.

cvm

PFG, Picture Framing God
Try the Facebook group. Hoffmans are a recurring subject over there.

cubs52632

Grumbler
What Facebook group are you speaking of? Also, thankyou very much for the help.

Advertise on the G, a forum for framers only

SteveT

CGF, Certified Grumble Framer
That underpinners group is a hard one to get into. I've asked twice, and they never let me in. Never heard a word.

wpfay

Angry Badger
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
I posted a link to this on the FB Group Underpinner.
You might try registering on Framers' Corner ( ppfacorner.com ) and list this in the Corner Classifieds.

W.D Quinn Saw Co. - US Made Picture Frame Blades

cvm

PFG, Picture Framing God
That underpinners group is a hard one to get into. I've asked twice, and they never let me in. Never heard a word.
Ylva on this board is one of the mods. Send her a pm.

Jim Miller

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Still available. $1,750 takes it.
That's about the price of a new entry level Hoffmann dovetail router, so IMHO, this would be a good deal for an MU-2 machine in good condition.

wpfay

Angry Badger
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
I also put a link to the contact info in the FB Group Framers Daily Blog. I can't believe this isn't selling.

Hoffmann Dovetail Joining System

cubs52632

Grumbler
I also put a link to the contact info in the FB Group Framers Daily Blog. I can't believe this isn't selling.
I appreciate your help. I'm surprised it hasn't sold too. It is almost brand new.

wpfay

Angry Badger
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Whoever got it got a great deal.

Advertise on the G, a forum for framers only

wpfay

Angry Badger
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Learning curve is short if the machine's bit depth is set correctly. If not, that is the first order of business. In the W-1 there are 2 bits, one that is exactly the size of the keys, and one that is slightly oversized. The oversized one is more forgiving but still makes a tight joint.

There's an inexpensive digital depth micrometer (kinda horseshoe shaped with a gauge in the middle) that is helpful.
https://hoffmann-usa.com/picture framing/accessories for picture framing/W2001300 digital multi gauge

There are arguments on which size bit to use and both sides have their points. I use the W-1 since a lot of what I use it on are fairly thin stem mouldings. If you are going to be doing a lot of tall mouldings, you might want to invest in the tall fence.
https://hoffmann-usa.com/picture framing/accessories for picture framing/tall fence plate

I think there are also some tutorials on line from Hoffmann. You'll also need to get up with Markus and Gary at Hoffmann for support eventually. If you go to WCAF, they are usually there and can answer most questions and demonstrate techniques.

Joe B

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Thank you Wally - I'll be at the WCAF this year again and will definitely check with Markus and Gary.

johnsen

Grumbler in Training
That's about the price of a new entry level Hoffmann dovetail router, so IMHO, this would be a good deal for an MU-2 machine in good condition.
interested in buying, condition? and where are you located?

Jim Miller

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
interested in buying, condition? and where are you located?
The unit advertised here was sold, and it was not mine, anyway.

I hope you can find a suitable Hoffmann machine...keep looking.

Vermont Hardwoods solid wood picture frame molding