Here's a look at my place

Richard Darling

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
I'm fairly new here, but I'll accept RoboFramer's challenge. I hope I got the image thing right.

Here's my gallery & frameshop. The building used to be a bowling alley many years ago, so it's long and narrow.
gallery1.jpg

The counter's small, and double as my POS. But we have managed to squeeze in 1700+ samples.
gallery2.jpg

Some really nice pottery, including Carl Sheehan, artist-in-residence at the Old Faithful Inn in Yellowstone National Park.
gallery3.jpg

My wife's studio is in the back of the gallery. I'm her biggest fan, but I can afford to be a little biased. The shadow box on the floor is a guitar signed by BB King. You can see a picture of it on my website under the framing button.
gallery4.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Darn good looking shop, you should be proud.

John

Very impressive shop, Richard
thumbsup.gif

I checked out your website as well and it was nicely done and very well organized. Great job on the BB King autographed guitar shadow box. I looked at the artist page, and found that for some of the artists listed, I couldn't view their artwork - it came up "page could not be displayed". For other artists, I was able to see their work with no problems. I was trying to look at your wife's artwork, I'm assuming she is "Kathryn Darling", and had that problem. Not sure if it is due to my internet settings though...

Welcome to the Grumble.

I've been gradually building the site myself. That's why some of the artists don't have pages yet (including my wife - but then she has her own website - kathryndarling.com). Finding the time to get good photography of the art in the gallery, then getting it organized and on the site can be painstaking. I'm starting to ask artists to provide digital files of their art if they can, and I have also found that Photoshop has an automated command that will produce a web photo gallery that I can paste into my page template.

I looked at your wife's website and I must say she is very talented. Her watercolours are so detailed and remind me of an artist that I framed for when I was living in Calgary, AB.

You are right that it is time consuming to get good digital photos of artwork to display on a website. I know the time it takes me to add a single photo to one of my webpages.

Looks great..how nice to have the brick wall. Really warms the place up and likely helps customers make a decision about how things will look hanging over their fireplace!

Thanks for sharing Richard, it looks great. Welcome to the Grumble too, by the way.

Back