Help with marquis sayings...

Dave

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
I need some help with creative ideas for my hopefully everchanging outdoor marquis sign. Any help is appreciated and I'm happy to share my past creative postings.

Have used recently:

ART - A Great Hang-Up

We cut corners -Not Quality

Don't Wait to Create (Thanks NAMTA!)

Ronald Reagan - A Class Act (After his passing)

We're Framing the Market

Good Art Seldom Matches Your Sofa (Thanks Fred Babb)

A Need is Something You Already Have (Just for inspiration and thought)

Frame Now for Christmas (Put up in July)

Be Smart - Frame Your Art

Don't Drink & Draw (Thanks again, Fred Babb)

Are Your Walls Staring Back at You? (Haven't used yet)

This Frame's for You, Bud! (Again, haven't used yet)

I've been Framed (Have not used)

...And others I can't recall right now and then the one I wanted to but didn't dare use:

Put Your Art Where the Sun Don't Shine!

This could be a perfect forum for us to share and inspire. As you can see I'm limited on the length, but even half baked or lengthy sayings inspire.

Public service announcements are also always good will building too. Nothing like community spirit to soft sell...

All input much appreciated.

Dave Makielski

(The man who has used up most of his imagination...for the moment...just need a little help from my friends to get the creative juices flowing again)

"You can't change the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sails"

...or should I say "sales"?

Thanks, Jay... another one that I like, but don't know if I could use in the midwest...

Keep 'em coming...

D.M.

P.S. Joke of the day:

"How many orientals does it take to change a lightbulb?"

"I don't know either, but many hands make light work!"

I use this often when a customer helps wrap or move something...never offended anyone yet...that I know of...

"Improve your Image - Frame your Art"

D.M.

Marquis sigh, huh?

How 'bout "Mark, he is de man do all de framing in dis place."

Of course you'd have to change your name to Mark. Much like the guy who couldn't afford personalized license plates, so he had his name changed to 'JBL-2403'.

I'll add a couple....

"One is never so dangerous when one has no shame, than when one has grown too old to blush."

"No lover, if he be of good faith, and sincere, will deny he would prefer to see his mistress dead than unfaithful."

"One weeps not save when one is afraid, and that is why kings are tyrants."

Happy to help! I've got more if you need 'em!

"If You don't Keep Your Sofa In The Closet, Why Is Your Art In The Closet?"

We’ve been accumulating “sayings” for our Marquis for several years. Here are a some of
my favorites:

Custom picture framing for your art & soul.

We put the “custom” back in customer.

Just name it, we’ll frame it.

We’re on the cutting edge.

Ready for a change?- change your old outdated mattes here.

Finicky framers found here !

Have any hang ups?

Look at the big picture.

We aim to please with frames like these.

We frame to please.

Right angles made here.

All angles considered here.

Visit our hall of frames.

We’ve got an artistic hang up.

It art to be framed.

Feel like hanging it up?

And my personal favorite: “ Let us make your prints charming “

Hope this gets those creative ideas flowing.
Best regards, Ken w/Sierra FrameWorks

I've always wanted to do this, just never had the oportunity:

<marquee><font size = 7>FREE CHOCOLATE FREE CHOCOLATE FREE CHOCOLATE</font></marquee>

Then when customers show up looking for Hershey Bars, explain that you were using 'free' as an imperative verb.

Kit

Our favorite is for graduation season.
1. Graduate
2. Frame Diploma
3. Get Job

We have received lots of compliments on this one.
Also, check out the Picture Framing Magazine which was delivered this week They have 100 ideas for display windows, each with a sign that could be used on a marquis.

Unless we are addressing these messages to mid-level French royalty, I believe the word is <marquee>marquee</marquee>

Lust's passion will be served; it demands, it militates, it tyrannizes.
Marquis De Sade

Good Art is in a Frame of Mine

and the masacist said "hurt me, hurt me"
and the Marquis deSade replied, "No. I won't".

baer

Originally posted by Dave:

Have used recently:
We cut corners -Not Quality
Be Smart - Frame Your Art
Are Your Walls Staring Back at You? (Haven't used yet)
Originally posted by Sierra FrameWorks:
Custom picture framing for your art & soul.
We put the “custom” back in customer.
Just name it, we’ll frame it.
We’re on the cutting edge.
Finicky framers found here !
We frame to please.
Visit our hall of frames.
We’ve got an artistic hang up.
It art to be framed.
And my personal favorite: “ Let us make your prints charming “
I like ALL of these! They all catch your attention, or hopefully, a customers!

Hang your In-laws
(pictures when they visit)

We can fix your achy-breaky art

A fool and his money are welcome here

Free entertainment with every order.

Beauty is NOT a luxury.

Shave the Whales

It won't get cheaper if you wait!

"Frame It Here Or We'll KILL You!"

Turn your art into a masterpiece.

Make your memories unforgettable.

You look great in your Mercedes, now let us do the same thing for your art.

Originally posted by Rick Granick:
Unless we are addressing these messages to mid-level French royalty, I believe the word is <marquee>marquee</marquee>
I concur with you here Rick. When I first clicked on this thread I thought someone had a list of quotes to frame and was looking for suggestions! Captain English where is Capitan Francais?

There was a car dealer in the Amherst MA area that used to have an upside down car on their roof, and every month had "decorated" a different car in their lot. Always looked forward to the next month's car, but never did shop there! Still remember the Bug covered with red hearts for Valentines day. I think it had an arrow sticking through it as well, but that was over 20 years ago now.....

But, you remembered that car lot. And I bet it was the talk of the town and even though you didn't shop there, I bet there were Alot people who did because of all the talk. The more people are talking about you, I believe the more business you will do. The idea is for people to remember you when they have a need!
thumbsup.gif

I just ordered a Marguee sign for the parking lot of my store. I'll let you know if I see a boost from it.
Jennifer
PS I won't be in Atlanta as planned, Have a terrible bug of some kind. And FYI, They don't give refunds on classes.

Charles, that reminds me of the old National Lampoon cover from the '70s: Buy this magazine or we'll kill this dog. Magnum at the dog's head. I'll never forget the expression on that poor pup's face.
:eek: Rick

How about...

"If we can't frame you, we'll at least implicate you in something!!"

"It's better to be asleep and thought a fool than to be awake and prove it."

I feel I must interject a cautionary tale from way back when (early 80's). I was employed by dear old Kramer the Framer. He had just opened a new DIY location in the university district. He rented one of those huge horrible sidewalk signs on wheels that comes with big black boxy letters.

Kramer was very happy with his new sign. He spent all day arranging the letters to read "Do It Yourself Picture Framing." He was apoplectic with rage the next morning when he came in and found some "vandals" had carefully rearranged the letters to read "Picture Yourself Farting."

Still makes me laugh....

Moral: Make sure no one can get at and "edit" your clever slogans!

Originally posted by Jerry Ervin:
"Always looked forward to the next month's car, but never did shop there!"

And there in lies the real rub. Sometimes no matter what your marketing and advertising efforts are, they still just will not step foot in the door.
But then again there was a lingerie store in LA that every month decorated the two sets of windows to fit that theam and color scheam. Leather in the left window, silk and lace in the right. I used to drive by EVERY month, just to admire their work and creativity.

One night, I was out with a nice lady for a first date and we had taken a motorcyle ride up the coast for the afternoon and dinner, and so on the way back (not thinking about it, that she may be offended by lurking in front of a lingurie shop on a first date. And NO, I wasn't being inferential either.), so we swung by and she about stopped breathing. She was stunned. After about 10 minutes of silence, she snuggled into my arm and whispered in a little girl voice. "if I'm naughty tonight, is this where you'll take me tomorrow?"
help.gif
:D

It's not quite cars, but that weekend was almost 30 years ago and I can still hear her voice.
thumbsup.gif

I was on Trashy Lingerie's mailing list for years.
faintthud.gif

It pays to advertize. If you don't tell 'em, they won't know.

baer

There is a saying that I have used since 1993 and it really says what picture framers do for the work that we get in our shops: "A picture is just a picture until it's framed, and then it becomes a work of art."

Originally posted by Baer Charlton:
After about 10 minutes of silence, she snuggled into my arm and whispered in a little girl voice. "if I'm naughty tonight, is this where you'll take me tomorrow?"
help.gif
:D
baer
So...did she get a lingerie ensemble, or leave in a huff, mumbling something like, "Instead of 10 minutes, I shoulda waited at LEAST an hour before my suggestion!!"

Rick,
here it is:

NL73JanDOG.jpg

"Get Your Framing Done Here, Or We'll Kill This Dog!"

A couple new ones since I started the post...

How Great Thou Art!

We Hang Around the Nicest Homes!

or the X-rated version of this...

Our Customers are Well Hung!

:icon11:

A couple new ones since I started the post...

How Great Thou Art!

We Hang Around the Nicest Homes!

or the X-rated version of this...

Our Customers are Well Hung!

:icon11:
Darn,beat me to it....Just remember,well hung ain`t always well endowed......Some of em want to finance! L.

Back