• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.
Register for the picture framer's grumble

Help with Logan 855 mat cutter making angled bevel cuts

jenpilot

Grumbler in Training
Doing on-site work, it's not my mat cutter, I've made every adjustment possible and the bevel angles out every time. Any advice? It's not so much a hook, so I don't think it's the blade height or pressure.

jenpilot

Grumbler in Training
Edit: I've re-squared the mat fence and bottom guard, adjusted blade depth and pressure on blade magazine, I'm not pushing down on the fence when cutting, I'm using the correct blades. I have a lot of experience too. What am I missing? It's a brand new mat cutter, I've been talking to Logan and I might need to send it back but I'm doing work that has a really serious deadline, it's actually their cutter.. I'm doomed.

IFGL

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
Is it on a dead flat surface? Or is the base warped / feet missing, that's the only thing I can think of.

Joe B

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
The Logan 855 Platinum Edge is one of the best manual mat cutters on the market, there must be something wrong with the rail or ? Is it on a very flat surface?

Since it is a deadline piece I would call on one of my friendly custom frame shops around you and ask them to cut the mat, they may want to help a fellow framer in need (you). Also, maybe your vendor cuts mats and may want to cut this mat for you - of course it will cost you but you may be able to meet your deadline that way. Anyway, lots of luck.

njw1224

CGF, Certified Grumble Framer
Doing on-site work, it's not my mat cutter, I've made every adjustment possible and the bevel angles out every time. Any advice? It's not so much a hook, so I don't think it's the blade height or pressure.
If you figure this out, please let us know how you resolved it. I just bought a Logan 855, but haven't actually cut a mat on it yet. So in the off-chance I have a similar problem, the solution would be good to know. Thanks!

Register for the picture framer's grumble
FrameReady Special Offer - Call 888-281-2202