• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.
Vermont Hardwoods solid wood picture frame molding

Have you ever seen something like this?

Framar

WOW Framer
Are those white things self-adhesive foam? Or what?

I thought at first they might be designed to protect the wall once the D-rings are screwed onto the frame - but the ring and wire would stand proud of the screwy-inny part.

Peter Odems

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Haha yes Framar! But sad to use a twisting wire for this strong article. This “gesp” is original for leader or canvas bags or bicycle-bags and the whit plate is the contra plate for the inside of the material. The connection is with rivets (as I supply my my customers) to clamp both parts with the leader/canvas between it. You can see a machine in “riveting`’ at my website www.odemssystems.com. There we do the same with the rivets but then through MDF, to mount the spring clips to produce back-plates as we use here in Europe.

Eric The Framer

CGF, Certified Grumble Framer
Are those white things self-adhesive foam? Or what?

I thought at first they might be designed to protect the wall once the D-rings are screwed onto the frame - but the ring and wire would stand proud of the screwy-inny part.
Nope, those are plastic sleeves, and they go right into the bottom part of the D-Ring.

Peter Odems

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Nope, those plastic sleeves make the connection multiple stronger after riveting.

Vermont Hardwoods solid wood picture frame molding

Framar

WOW Framer
So, if I am attaching D-rings to a wooden frame, I put down this piece of plastic and then screw the D-on top of that? How does that possibly make a stronger connection? It ends up with the utilization of slightly less thread on the screw. And when the plastic breaks down in a couple of years, and shatters into pieces, then the D-ring will be loose?

What am I missing here?

Eric The Framer

CGF, Certified Grumble Framer
So, if I am attaching D-rings to a wooden frame, I put down this piece of plastic and then screw the D-on top of that? How does that possibly make a stronger connection? It ends up with the utilization of slightly less thread on the screw. And when the plastic breaks down in a couple of years, and shatters into pieces, then the D-ring will be loose?

What am I missing here?
No, They slide into the d ring

auntiesarahjayne

MGF, Master Grumble Framer
ha I thought it was just me. I have received two canvases with those on there. I just figured they were extra to make them look "pretty".

PAckerman

True Grumbler
That is a hanger by Ook that has the screws inserted a small amount and the screws are held in place by the plastic. Photo attached.

Attachments

• ook.gif
    ook.gif
    66.7 KB · Views: 6
Rian Fabrication Services  www.rianfabrication.com