• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.

Graduation 2020 Collage

LifeSaver Cloud from LifeSaver Software, Inc.

Mary Beth van der Horst

CGF, Certified Grumble Framer
I just finished a collage for a 2020 grad who didn't get the chance to walk. He was pretty beat up about not getting a graduation--come to find out this whole degree was the culmination of a cathartic reinvention of himself after going through a nasty divorce--lots of life changes. Usually for degrees, I keep it pretty simple, but considering we wanted a frame with all of the pomp and ceremony of the graduation he missed, we decided to make it big enough to include his stole and cords, as well as a patch from his uniform. Also a little unusual: we included a letter from the college to the grads acknowledging the hardships they had to overcome in the middle of a pandemic, changing learning styles and persevering through. We both agreed that it completed the narrative of the time and situation of the end of his studies. Alas, we didn't opt for museum glass, and the color scheme was a little dark, so my crappy cell phone pics are thrice compromised, but this project took on many more emotions than your typical degree and I wanted to share. Have any other framers gotten any interesting 2020 graduation projects?

Frame: Palmetto Deep Mahogany 1.25" (PF9960)
Fillet: Nurre Caxton Silver Frisson 3/16" (NC47042)
Mats: Midnight Suede (B4150), Super White (C9613), Rose (C9854)
Conservation Clear Glass
32" x 37.5"
Everything besides paper is sewmounted into place.

20200806_140201.jpg 20200806_140213.jpg 20200806_140028.jpg

wpfay

Comfort Badger
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Business
Sunshine Frames
Tastefully done, nice work.

neilframer

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Excellent job! :thumbsup:
I like it a lot! It would have been a killer to fit with MG
I agree about the MG with a dark background.
Once in a while if the customer balks at the cost of MG, we will throw in a piece of AR glass at no extra charge as a surprise bonus. (don't tell anyone...:icon11:)
It looks just like MG (at a lower cost),
Yes, it doesn't have as much UV protection as Con Clear or MG, but if the client only specified Reg glass, sometimes they might get a bonus AR from us.

Last edited:

Framar

WOW Framer
Buffalo, New York, USA/Fort Erie, Ontario, Canada
Nicely done - I am sure he will treasure this for many years to come.

Now what I would like to know - when did the cord companies jump on the lucrative graduation bandwagon? I am seeing them everywhere - some grads look like drapes! (Shades of Carol Burnett!)

Ad Banner for SmallCorp
Ad Banner for SmallCorp