• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.

Glass Suppliers Other than Tru Vue

picture framing clamps by MasterClamp 2021

Lyla

Grumbler in Training
I have been searching for low cost regular glass, not the Premium kind it is not listed on their website but is often listed as Crystal Clear or EP glass from their distributors.

Are there any alternative glass vendors to Tru Vue that makes the 2MM clear glass?

Jeff Rodier

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
Where are you located. All of my vendors sell a competing product.

Jeff Rodier

Check to see if G&G in NC goes that far. If not find out if one of their companies (International Moulding) carries the the same brand of generic 2 mm and delivers to you. The brand they carry has the lowest amount of flaws of any glass I have ever used and price is very good. I can pay a couple dollars less elsewhere but the flaw rate is about 100 times what I get now. I find a flaw in about one out of every 50 boxes used and that box will usually have 2 or 3 lites (usually 16x20 or 18x24) with a flaw.

Sizes smaller than 16x20 have a much higher flaw rate so I don't buy the smaller sizes.

Advertise on the G, a forum for framers only

Jeff Rodier

G&G Moulding is a distributor. Are you looking to buy a full semi-trailer or several boxes to a single pallet. If you aren't buying it by the semi-trailer you will need to buy it from the distributor.

Lyla

Grumbler in Training
We are looking at buying a Full trailer load, although my experience with going direct to TruVue has not been well received.

Jeff Rodier

I'll ask who makes the glass I get from G&G. Like I say the flaw rate is much lower than even TV's Premium glass. I'll find out on Monday.

tedh

Business
Canal Gallery
Artists' Choice?

Terry Scidmore CPF

MGF, Master Grumble Framer
You might try your local glass supply companies (ones who supply glass to the window industry). We have several in the greater metro area (National Glass is one here) who stock regular glass in pallets in a variety of sizes. These companies stock and distribute glass products to the glass shops (shower doors, windows, table tops, architectural glass products, etc.) National also stocks boxes of regular glass from General Glass (I believe is the manucturer), which they sell to picture frame shop retailers. They also sell acrylic both in sheets and cut to size.

Jeff Rodier

National also stocks boxes of regular glass from General Glass (I believe is the manucturer), which they sell to picture frame shop retailers.

The one I get with a near zero flaw rate is in the white box with medium blue ink noting the size, number of lites and Fragile wording. The color of the ink is lighter than the blue ink used by TV on their non-glare (Reflection Control).

Other suppliers have sold me some stuff in generic boxes with different colors on the box such as blue and red and the flaw rate is horrible.