future mat designer software problem

lemony

Grumbler in Training
have ver 4.3.2 future mat designer software. Does not let me cut mats, always comes up with terminate cut cycle when I press cut command. Any ideas how I can fix this?
thanks

Last edited:
I don't know for sue but it may be because your time is up with the software without updating the number. You will probably have to contact Valiani's service people at Crescent to have them install the updated number. Just a thought.

If the compressed-air supply is intact, and if shutting down and rebooting the CMC's controller and computer does not fix the problem, then you may need professional help. Something other than a software issue might also cause termination of the cutting cycle - perhaps a mechanical or pneumatic problem. Have you noticed any symptoms of trouble before this failure? I do not know if Valiani still supports that old software, but in any case, their tech support crew could help you figure out what's wrong.

FMD was the original Valiani software, but it had limited capabilities and it was not very user-friendly. You probably know that it was replaced some years ago by V Studio, which is better in every regard; much more user-friendly and lots of improved capabilities. In my opinion, the cost of upgrading the software to V Studio is reasonable, and this may be a good opportunity for you to do that.

The number of corners cut is important only to Wizard's software, as far as I know, and it does not matter to Valiani. I doubt that Valiani would offer any updates to the version number of that old program, since it has been outdated for years.

Last edited:
I don't know for sue but it may be because your time is up with the software without updating the number. You will probably have to contact Valiani's service people at Crescent to have them install the updated number. Just a thought.
If I uninstall and installed the software again would that work?

The number of corners cut is important only to Wizard's software, as far as I know, and it does not matter to Valiani. I doubt that Valiani would offer any updates to the version number of that old program, since it has been outdated for years.

No the corners do not matter to Valiani but there is a time limit on Future Mat Designer program that has to be updated by a Valiani technician every few years. Now they are updating so the date is way out there but if for some reason you change the date on the computer and the Future Mat Designer program does something that alters that date in the program that locks the program up. I've had that problem with Future a few times even though I owned my own machine. Like you I do not think that they are doing any updates to the program itself but I know for a fact that they are still updating that date in the program because it is still an issue to the people that are running Future Mat Designer. I now have V Studio and I totally agree with you that it is more user friendly and there are so many other benefits it is a no-brainer to take the steps to switch. Everybody should be considering changing over but unfortunately some of the older computers do not support that large of a program. With all that said, I do not know if the problem lemony is have is the date issue and that is why I recommended that he contacts a Valiani Technician at Crescent.

If I uninstall and installed the software again would that work?

I don't believe so but I'm not a technician. I still recommend contacting Valiani support at 800.323.1055. Sorry that I couldn't help you more.

Back