FUSION 4000 phenomenon

Bob Shirk MCPF

CGF II, Certified Grumble Framer Level 2
From
Shippensburg, PA USA
This afternoon I was doing a batch of dry mounting in my VacuSeal 4366M-HS using fusion 4000 with a temperature of 190 and a dwell time of 4 minutes. I mounted several posters and photos. cooling them on a flat surface under plate glass. all is well.

EXCEPT...the last photo I went to mount did not stick. I gave it a little more time in the press. Still it did not stick. I got a new piece of fusion and a new piece of mat board to mount to. Still it did not stick. Any ideas as to what would cause this?

FrameSpaceCadet

Grumbler in Training
From
Metro Detroit MI
Robert, did you try a test of the Fusion 4000 with a sheet of advertising circular paper from Sundays paper (glossy coated stock)? If it is sticking to that, it might be the print.

From
Santa Fe
I think its the print. Or...could be that you might have something stuck between the top of the machine and the bottom in the back and you are loosing pressure?

Pat Murphey

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
From
Lafayette, NJ
Bob,

I use 175 degrees and 5 minutes (+-4 minutes after reaching vacuum) on my vacuseal. It is the recommended program #2 for fusion 4000. it seems like 190 degrees would leave excess cooling time before the bond set - might be a factor with a marginal material.

Pat :D

Bob Shirk MCPF

From
Shippensburg, PA USA
Maybe Fusion has a shelf life, I was near the end of a roll. I removed the fusion from the back of the photo, Kodak royal paper, with relative ease. It just peeled off. I took a new piece of Fusion 4000 and mounted the photo to mat board. It stuck this time. It is a mystery to me. Like I said yesterday I mounted a number of pieces with no problems except for this last one.