• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.
Vermont Hardwoods solid wood picture frame molding

Fun Design Choice

shayla

WOW Framer
Forum Donor
Picked up this tattered old friend at an estate sale. Mounted to foam core, reverse bevel trimmed, and will float. Left the tack holes from the bedroom wall, as they evoke a place and time. I'm planning to use the Fotiou enhancer, with one of these two frames. Thought it would be fun to get opinions.

stones poster frame one resized.jpg
stones poster frame one detail resized.jpg stones poster frame two resized.jpg stones frame two detail resized.jpg

This is just part of the poster. It's about 24 x 30, with the other guy over on the right.

(That last bit will give some of you a chance to feel superior and all-knowing. heh heh).

Last edited:

Stephen Enggass

CGF, Certified Grumble Framer
Mick Taylor years. Nice. I prefer the 2nd option. Feels more 70s-ish. I like the idea of displaying thumbtack holes. You can imagine that spending time on some teenagers wall back in the day.

shayla

WOW Framer
Forum Donor
Mick Taylor years. Nice. I prefer the 2nd option. Feels more 70s-ish. I like the idea of displaying thumbtack holes. You can imagine that spending time on some teenagers wall back in the day.
I like the second version, too. :beer:

I plan to use Museum glass, and even with the poster free, the framing will be spendy. But awesome, and if nobody buys it, it'll be a fun design sample.

nikodeumus

MGF, Master Grumble Framer
2nd sample is my preference also 👍

I've got Elton Johns Captain Fantastic album cover on my work bench right now.
Customer "doesn't want to spend too much", so nothing as nice as your poster design.

I have a pile of posters, art, objects of my own to make display frames with, but never the time to do it.
Framers lament I guess :shrug:

Rian Fabrication Services  www.rianfabrication.com
FrameReady Special Offer - Call 888-281-2202