Framing stuff

J Phipps TN

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
I have a question.
When I go to the trade show I always go for ideas on framing Yeah yeah yeah,

But to honest I also go for the stuff. I mean I would love to see cute aprons with framing sayings or jokes or car tags with framing stuff on it.

Special names tages made up to look like frames or T-shirts with framing jokes on them.
Even Christmas ornaments for frames shops.
Something that only framers would want and that you just can't buy in the store.
I mean my girls play Volleyball and you can find key chains, t shirts, posters and all kinds of things to do with vollyeball.

Have any of you seen anything like that at any of the shows and would you be interested in buying stuff like this?

I think it would be fun and a real :D boost to our employees.
Maybe I'm crazy, but I would love to have some really cute aprons for the shop that don't just have our logo on them.

What do you think?

Jennifer
Even nurses, Policemen and firemen have cool t-shirts to wear. I want some too.

Hi Jennifer,

My husband actually made our shop some mini frames for ornaments with his prototype machine. I undercoated them and then gold and silver leafed them put a hanger with a ribbon on them and used them on the shop tree. I thought it made for a cute tree.

I haven't seen any other stuff out there though for framers. Good luck finding some!

Julie

That is exactly what I am talking about. I can't believe that with 3 major trade shows a year that someone has not jumped on this market.

We are, after all, a special breed of people.

Jennifer
party.gif

What's amazing is that we are allowed to breed.

Dave Makielski

Hanna - you should be able to steal, er, I mean "glean" some ideas from all those Marquee Sign threads that pop up every so often...

I want to play!! How about a shirt that says PIMA CHARGE. It's my new additional charge for my customers who are you know "Pain in my _________" charge.

ahhhhh...i love the "picture framers do it in corners" brilliant

knew you would baer! ;)
hey!--how 'bout a shirt depicting this scene: a "group" of famous artwork subjects (mona lisa, blue boy, whistler's mother, etc.) each carrying some picture framers piece of equipment; one of them is saying: "shhhhh! we're hunting wabets!"
too arcane, eh? :rolleyes:

Picture framers do it with style!
---------------------------------

Be afraid, very afraid.
U.V.

Those are great.
Hanna are you for real with the stuff and is it really for sale.

If it is, you should set up a booth at the show. By show time you should have some more really good ideas. I know if I know that stuff is gonna be there, I will bring extra money just for that. I am a hands on kind of person. So if I touch it, I will buy it, if I like it.

Jennifer

Hanna,
What do you use to get the images on the mugs? I've been experimenting with transferring images on to a variety of surfaces. I've recently tried Lazertran, wonder if there are other similar decal applications..........don't mean to veer the thread off course, just curious.

Originally posted by J Phipps TN:
Those are great.
Hanna are you for real with the stuff and is it really for sale.

If it is, you should set up a booth at the show. By show time you should have some more really good ideas. I know if I know that stuff is gonna be there, I will bring extra money just for that. I am a hands on kind of person. So if I touch it, I will buy it, if I like it.

Jennifer
Yes, it's real, and really for sale. You can buy it online. I've posted the wholesale link.

I don't know if I have the capital to take a bunch to a show, when and where is it? (showing my out-of-touchness?

Originally posted by Emibub:
Hanna,
What do you use to get the images on the mugs? I've been experimenting with transferring images on to a variety of surfaces. I've recently tried Lazertran, wonder if there are other similar decal applications..........don't mean to veer the thread off course, just curious.
It's a dye sublimation process that prints directly onto the mugs. (and aprons, and hats, etc. I'm still adding to the shop.)

dye sublimnation process? Is it something that could be applied to art in anyway? I'm looking to put images on glass and want it to look like part of the glass.........does it have a name? Do you need a machine? Is it bigger than a bread box?

Thanks for sharing Hanna. Looks like it doesn't have a purpose for my needs. I bet there is money to be made if you are adding it to the store......

How about

"I've been Framed!"

or

Cotton-the fabric of our art.

ok I am not very good at this!

Elsa

What no thongs on in your store?

Good Hanna, for a minute there I thought you walking around with no.................................................................................................................................................................................. ........................................................................................................................
shoes on.

Originally posted by elsa:
How about

"I've been Framed!"

Whoa! Stop right now.
You have no idea what you could be setting in motion with that suggestion.

(Personally, I've thinking of a spin-off business, entitled "I've been Artfully Framed" and employing Angie as the framing psycologist to counsel the paranoids. As "therapy", she can have the patients work through some of their hostility by confronting their fears. (i.e.-cutting and joining).

Oh, what a good little capitalist am I.

Originally posted by Barb Pelton:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by elsa:
How about

"I've been Framed!"

Whoa! Stop right now.
You have no idea what you could be setting in motion with that suggestion.

(Personally, I've thinking of a spin-off business, entitled "I've been Artfully Framed" and employing Angie as the framing psycologist to counsel the paranoids. As "therapy", she can have the patients work through some of their hostility by confronting their fears. (i.e.-cutting and joining).

Oh, what a good little capitalist am I.
</font>[/QUOTE]BARB!!! LOL, Paranoids cutting things.... don't think so... I see fingers
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
disapearing... hmmm at least then they'd have no way to point the blame at someone
thumbsup.gif

Shoot! I thought I was onto a source for cheap labor. Oh well. I still think we could open up that second entrance to lead into a separate room for those who "think" they've been framed. You could be a pioneer for all future psychologartists.

How about "therapy through cross-stitch lacing?"

Is seems a shame to let people with such energy to waste it laying around on a couch....

Originally posted by Barb Pelton:
Shoot! I thought I was onto a source for cheap labor. Oh well. I still think we could open up that second entrance to lead into a separate room for those who "think" they've been framed. You could be a pioneer for all future psychologartists.

How about "therapy through cross-stitch lacing?"

It seems a shame to let people with such energy to waste it laying around on a couch....
That might work, but they still have to work with a needle that could eventually end up in their eye.... I think I've seen to many school videos on institutions... maybe it wouldn't be as bad as I'm thinking...

Back