Framing POS Software

TwoThumbs

Grumbler
From
Port Chester, NY & Stamford, CT
Hi Everyone...just joined up..looks like a great group!! So I'm jumping in with my first question...

We're now going to be a full-fledged (hopefully high-volume) framing operation. We've been looking for a good POS software package. Most vendors seem OK..but..everybody seems to be missing a little something! I guess the bottom line is the software that has the most solutions for us is the pick?? The two top priorities for us is a)user friendly; and b)cost vs. sales (i.e. profitability) analysis! Anybody have a good recommendation .. go'in crazy with demos!!!

Rock

CGF, Certified Grumble Framer
From
Frankfort, IN
I've tried most of the demo's, but settled on Lifesaver. You will most likely get just as many answers to your question as people, but Lifesaver does the most for me and it's easy for me to use (after getting on to it that is). Just my 2 cents.

Welcome to the Grumble. Great bunch of folks here.

Rock

TwoThumbs

Grumbler
From
Port Chester, NY & Stamford, CT
The biggest thing that we've been looking for, other than user-friendly front-desk pos, is cost/profitability info upfront. Lifesaver does seem to be simple and user-friendly but absolutely no costing info! FrameReady has some limited costing info upfront and post reporting but on the surface very complex, SpecialtySoft is in its own world, etc.., etc...

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
From
Lincoln, RI
Business
Get The Picture
Here's a neutral and fairly comprehensive comparison list, if you haven't already found it: http://www.getthepictureframing.com/gfaq/

Most of us use LifeSaver, FrameReady, or SpecialtySoft. All three products have excellent support and happy clients. It's really about what YOU are comfortable with, after trying the demos and talking with their sales staff about current or future features.

Grumblers were polled about their POS choices and configurations if you scroll down to the November 2004 section at this link: Grumble Poll Results

Happy hunting!

Mike

JFeig

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
Forum Donor
From
Oak Park, MI
TwoThumbs....

Most systems have the ability to copy the data files to Exel or Access if you want to do additional reports. FrameReady is an overlay to Filemaker Pro. You can take the basic data from FameReady and make any additional reports you like.......in or out of the FrameReady program.

All the data is there with all of them........its just a matter what you do with the data.

As Mike has commented upon occassion. Considering the size of our industry these POS systems are very cheap in comparision to other industries.

Mike LeCompte CPF

MGF, Master Grumble Framer
From
Knoxville TN
we settled on Lifesaver 7 1/2 yrs ago because one of the original lifesaver guys owned a frame store in Atlanta. Figured a framer knew what other framers wanted. Most of the folk are still outside Atlanta, not that that means much.

i would suggest a trip to Decor and check out everyone. I know others are just as good and all have their pitfalls so check 'em all out in one place. And most probably will have show deals too.

OOOPS just noticed Lifesaver is one of the sponsors here. Didn't see that before.