• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.
Vermont Hardwoods solid wood picture frame molding

framing hardware ( screw eye) replica

Rosemary Susan Hillhouse

Grumbler in Training
I am searching for someone ewho will make some good quality metal screw eyes. I have a very old one from an old frame and i would like to know if anyone has any suggestions about someone who would make a replica. maybe someone out there has some ideas? Thank you in advance for any help forthcoming.

Sue Hillhouse

Attachments

• frame attachment.JPG
    frame attachment.JPG
    322.4 KB · Views: 11

Framar

WOW Framer
That type of hardware used to be screwed into the top of a frame, visible from the front, as a decorative feature. Not what we would call a screw eye. One would see them a lot on frames smaller than 8x10.

FrameReady Special Offer - Call 888-281-2202

Joe B

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Ziabicki Import Company, Inc. carries some just like that or at least use to carry them www.ziabicki.com 262-633-7918. That is the company that has the original "Floreat" Hangers.

I believe this is the one you are looking for?

Last edited:

Ylva

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Good one Rick! Looks exactly the same.

So, would one screw those in the top rail? I am following this closely, as one of my customers yesterday is trying to replicate a certain look. Where the 'wire' or probably a chain, would show. I assume these hangers would screwed onto top of the rail, or side maybe?

Rosemary Susan Hillhouse

Grumbler in Training
Thank you everyone very much. I have looked up Ziabicki Import Company and , yes they have them so I'm off to order now.
Now...here's my next question. Do you think that there is an English company that would make them...? Oh and thank you for giving them a proper name...instead of my calling them an "old style screw eye type thing" I can call them an "original floreat hanger"

Advertise on the G, a forum for framers only

neilframer

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Thank you everyone very much. I have looked up Ziabicki Import Company and , yes they have them so I'm off to order now.
Now...here's my next question. Do you think that there is an English company that would make them...? Oh and thank you for giving them a proper name...instead of my calling them an "old style screw eye type thing" I can call them an "original floreat hanger"
Actually, the Floreat Hangers are these hangers from Ziabicki..
Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 4.13.51 PM.png
The ones you are looking for are just called "Decorative Hangers" I believe.
Good luck with your projects and "Cheers'...

Ylva

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Don't confuse these with floreat hangers, they are definitely not the same.

LifeSaver Cloud from LifeSaver Software, Inc.