Question Framing a Pinball Backglass

alacrity8

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
Forum Donor
Business
Alacrity Frame Workshop
So, I just learned a new term.

Pinball Backglass.
I believe it is simply the back panel of a pinball game.

I have a customer looking to frame one, and I am not sure if there are standards for this.
Is lighting, or electronics involved?

Brian

They vary depending on age and technology. Probably best to wait and see what the challenge is.

Older ones may or may not include lighting and the mechanical counters. I've had those apart and the layers end up being fairly thick, hence the thickness of the backglass cabinet (which might be in tact and can be used as the frame).
I am not as familiar with the newer digital ones, but I would guess that the lighting and counters are all integrated into or attached to the actual glass.

Good luck, post photos.

They vary depending on age and technology. Probably best to wait and see what the challenge is.

Older ones may or may not include lighting and the mechanical counters. I've had those apart and the layers end up being fairly thick, hence the thickness of the backglass cabinet (which might be in tact and can be used as the frame).
I am not as familiar with the newer digital ones, but I would guess that the lighting and counters are all integrated into or attached to the actual glass.

Good luck, post photos.
So far, all I know is that it is older.
We will be seeing it later this week.
I have never seen one outside of a pinball machine.

Bizarre.....

I know I posted a phot here a week or so ago.
Not in the comments.

Now to find which device I took the photo on.

I used to work for a place repairing them when I was a teen. Most are just painted glass, with electronics inserted behind them. Older ones were mechanical components and newer machines went digital. Theyre usually pretty large.

Third attempt? A671719B-36F2-4827-9E67-8F6F0B674191.jpeg

Back