• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.

Help Frame square stuck

Hoffmann Dovetail Joining System

GreenDaisy

Grumbler
Hi:

I have a frame square miter saw, have been using it fine until today. I was trying to cut a wider moulding, so I moved the saw to the most extended position (towards me), but it stuck, can not move it anywhere. I tried lubrication, cleaning, nothing worked. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Since the comapny closed, I don't know where to find help.

Thank you, Lily

Joe B

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Have you tried lifting the table - it may have got hung up on a screw. Also, the moving handle could have jammed in a slight upward position at the joint. Try forcing the handle at the joint downwards. Not much more that it could be unless the bearing are worn out.

GreenDaisy

Grumbler
Have you tried lifting the table - it may have got hung up on a screw. Also, the moving handle could have jammed in a slight upward position at the joint. Try forcing the handle at the joint downwards. Not much more that it could be unless the bearing are worn out.

Thank you, Joe for your reply. I tried the handle, it didn't help. I also disassembled the handle one time and tried to push the table top directly, no movement at all. I am not sure how to lift the table though. I wonder if worse case, can I force the metal rod out and clean and lubricate the whole thing?

Thanks,

Joe B

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
It sounds as if you may have something that is jammed in the table. To loosen the table you have to remove the 2 silver bars/rod that the table rolls on. There are 4 set screws, 2 on front and 2 on rear. Loosen the screws and push the bars/rods out. You should be able to lift the table then to see what is going on. This can be tricky since you have to align the mandrel to the bars/rods when re-inserting them so unless you have some mechanical moxie I wouldn't mess with it.

Could something be in the drawer that is jamming it?

Larry Peterson has the complete manual. You can search for it or contact Larry.

Rian Fabrication Services  www.rianfabrication.com

Andrew Lenz Jr.

MGF, Master Grumble Framer
I think it's lubrication. Since you pulled the top into an area where it doesn't typically get pulled to, that could do it. What Joe said above. The table top is rather heavy and really should get moved by two people. Loosen the knobs that Joe mentioned and you also have to detach the push/pull handle. Once the top is off, you can clean everything. And lubricate the saw blade bearings too while you are in there lubricating the slide rods.

Andrew

GreenDaisy

Grumbler
Tahnk you all for the suggestions, I think I will have to take the rod out this weekend, tried everythings else, drawer, handle, lubrication through the holes on the table top (according to the manual). Just hope I can put them back together correctly.

Thank you, Lily

Andrew Lenz Jr.

MGF, Master Grumble Framer
Set up a video camera or take photos as you take it apart if you think you need help putting it back together. It's not really all that complicated, probably the hardest part is keeping track of where the rubber O-rings go back. You should be fine.

Andrew

W.D Quinn Saw Co. - US Made Picture Frame Blades