Frame Sources

Do they buy such frames up there in Mount Kisco, NY? To my knowledge Armonk, Mt. Kisco, Bedford, Katonah are all prety afluent communities of Westchester NY.
Those standard size, resin-type frames are most benigne and populous of all frames in the world and you shall have no difficulty in locating dozens of sources by searcing the net alone or posting in here

Walmart has a nice selection.

Isn't that an easier way to say it Cornel.

Yeah, I know what you're thinking, but I said it first.

It's also worth mentioning that if one buys a frame in there, the second is at half its price and the third comes for free.
Anyway, Baer, your advice is not fair at all. Greg was looking for a source, not for a competitor. ;)

Geez, Baer and Cornel tag-teaming to berate poor Greg. What a sad day for The Grumble (and what a very odd alliance.)

I wish I had a source for you, Greg. The last shipment I received came with a live tarantula in the box and scared us all so badly, I never re-ordered. I believe that supplier was called Hecho en Mexico.

I swear that's a true story.

Greg,

You didn't mention a price/quality range. For higher end standard sized resin-based ornate gold (or metal leaf) frames, try APF/Munn Frame Guild line. Westchester County Rep. is Jerry Glovin, Telephone: (516) 627-4617.

Pat :D

See, Ron, Pat is teaching all of us that there may always be a sunny side to each story. You too thought that Greg was in search for tarantula guarded quality, ornate, standard sized, resin type frames. What if he's been indeed looking for APF/Munn Frame Guild line?
BTW, have you tryed that line yourself? Bet no tarantula surprises would pop up from APF/Munn's boxes. :D

APF/Munn is now resein???

And here I thought they were held in high standards of hand carved real gold leaf. . . .

The prices seem to be the same?

OR Pat, did you miss that part of his question?

Now if he had asked for blown poly foam with gold paint.... there are several that have SoCal phone numbers that are connected to phones about 200 miles South of there.....

Oh, I see Ron has already talked about them...

Eric, usually it is the "island" frames that come in with the roaches... usually the roach comes in with the frames under his . . . .oops. Sorry, that would be a UPS driver... :D

I was inquiring about sources for a specific artist that we do business with and see that I should have been more specific.
He paints very over the top, tounge in cheek subject matter. Any thing that is inexpensive (resin or foam etc.) that has corner ornamentation and garish is perfect! Often he will alter a finish himself to suit the style of a series he may be working on.
Thanks

Years ago Munn had developed a parallel line of resin cast hand finished antique picture frame reproductions. Metal leaf and even gold finishes over a thin coat of synthetic gesso. Those frames were less expensive than the real thing and honestly represented as such right from the beginning.
On the other hand APF has had a long, rather shadowy love affair with resin cast moldings/frames which they didn't quite represent as such unless challenged to do so.

Funny Pat, but my new catalog does NOT make that designation.

But you being closer to them maybe know a heck of a lot more than the rest of the country.
You obviously know more than me.

And so, as usual, I stand shame faced and well chastised. :D

Back