• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.

Frame Ready

Vermont Hardwoods solid wood picture frame molding

alacrity8

MGF, Master Grumble Framer
Apparently, last night our computer decided to reboot, and Frame Ready has disappeared from our desktop.
Their tech support is currently busy, so we weren't sure if others were having a similar issue.
And I am out of the shop today.
Yay.

Brian

Larry Peterson

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Resource Provider
Is it in the Start Menu? Is it still in the list of installed programs? If you go to the program directory is the executable still there? and if you click on it does the program start?

The desktop is just a shortcut icon. Many other ways to start a program.

alacrity8

My assistant, who is more tech savvy than I on many things, did a search, and does not find it on the computer.
Filemaker is still on the computer.

Larry Peterson

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Resource Provider
It's gone from the list of installed programs in the Control Panel? If so you need their tech support.

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Business
Get The Picture
Is the shortcut in the computer's recycling bin, by any chance? If so, it is easy to restore it.

W.D Quinn Saw Co. - US Made Picture Frame Blades

alacrity8

Connected with Carl at Frame Ready.
After he remotely logged in, the program seemed to reappear.
Not sure what happened

Jim Miller

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Featured Vendor
Good to know your data is safe, alacrity8.

This seems like a good time to remind all point-of-sale program users to BACK UP DAILY.

FrameReady includes a quick and easy click-path to transfer all of the essential folders/files to a cloud storage account or portable storage devices. I'm not sure, but my guess is that all of the other major POS providers take a similar approach to backing up their data.

I simply don't trust the cloud, so my personal preference is to make daily backups on TWO devices, either USB flash drives or SD cards. Why two? Because those tiny drives have a habit of failing unexpectedly, so it's always best to have more than one available. One of the backups should go home with the shop manager each day, and the other one can stay hidden in the shop.

This way, if a backup device fails, your data is safe. If your computer dies, you're data is safe. If your business is victimized by thieves or vandals who steal or destroy the computers, your data is safe. Even if the entire shop is lost to a natural disaster like in a hurricane, tornado, flood, or fire, you still have all of your data.

It's reassuring to know that even if the worst happens, you can restore all of your critical business data to a new computer within a few minutes. After all, that data is the lifeline of your business.

Direct Contact Overlays DCO Book by James Miller