• Welcome to the largest and friendlest resource for picture framers! Please LOG IN or REGISTER a free account.
    Once logged in, you will be able to SEARCH our archives.
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. Trouble? Click the CONTACT US link.

Question Frame assembly device

Artglass AR99. Order now!

Tex

True Grumbler
Can someone offer advice on how to use this Frame assembly device? I gave up after I smelled the toast burning. Thanks

Attachments

• 20211010_111728.jpg
    20211010_111728.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 20211010_111746.jpg
    20211010_111746.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 35

wpfay

Comfort Badger
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Business
Sunshine Frames
You've got 3 different tools there. The upper one is pretty self-explaniory as the frame is already in it,
The middle one I have no clue.
The lower one I have one of. It is designed for the threaded rod to be attached at one end to the L shaped aluminum bracket as pictured. The other end of the threaded rod passes through the hole in the adjacent arm of the L bracket, and then the knurled knobs are screwed on. Fully assembled it is a 4-way screw clamp.
IMG_0683.jpg Crude drawing of how one corner should look with the screw cap outside the L bracket.

The 1st and 3rd are for very small frames, no bigger than 10" square. The 1st one would be good for a miniaturist.

Tex

True Grumbler
Very much appreciate the advice...l wiil endeavor to figure out the middle tool(s).
The tools were in the same box, and are a part of the framing business we inherited. Being in the same box, I assumed the 3 tools were designed to integrally work together. Again, many thanks.

Keencut Ultimat Futura Precision Mat Cutter

Framar

WOW Framer
Buffalo, New York, USA/Fort Erie, Ontario, Canada
The lower clamp with the knurled knobs works very well if your frame is the right size, but it is a real PAIN to thread those knobs back and forth. DO NOT apply your glue until you have the device in a close approximation to the size you need or your glue will be long dry by the time you have done fiddling with the durned thing.

Mind you, it works great (I have two large ones, a set of extensions, and a miniature one - but it is the very definition of a PITA.

neilframer

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
I have a similar one of those clamps.
I have the extensions also.
I don't use it very often but it comes in handy sometimes.
Used it on this tiny mirror.:cool:
Screen Shot 2020-10-11 at 9.29.57 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-10-11 at 9.21.03 PM.png

Artglass AR99. Order now!
Register for the picture framer's grumble
Ad Banner for SmallCorp