Flimsy flexi points

JohnR

MGF, Master Grumble Framer
From
Ohio
Before I started framing for myself, I discovered, by accident, that some framers were using these very flimsy points. I found out when I noticed a gap between the frame and glass. I don't know how it happened, I suppose during moving it got pushed on. I opened the back and found the points had given way (bent). I bent the points back down and added brads the sure it up. I checked another picture. It was okay, but the package seemed loose overall. I opened and sure enough, there were those flimsy clips.

I liked the sturdier points framers used to have. I don't use the flexi ones. What do you think?
John

Baer Charlton

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
From
On FB
John, the "Flexi" points are for when you are putting glass and backing in a stock frame to SELL.

That way the costomer can bend then out, fit thier picture, and bend them back. and then they feel like a REAL framer. :D

Use the black gun...stiffer.
thumbsup.gif

Ron Eggers

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
From
Wisconsin
I use the Fletcher Multipoints for 90% of my fitting. Good holding power but can be removed easily (with one of those tools that looks like a tiny pry bar.) If you have to refit because a little booger magically appears behind the glass, they are flexible (unless you have a bad batch.)