Fletcher 8448 Wall Cutter

Jason

CGF, Certified Grumble Framer
I have a Fletcher 8448 wall unit that works great for me. Problem is, it is missing the bar that holds the matboard in place as you cut it. Does anyone have a diagram or photo of what this bar looks like so I can make my own? Does anyone have an old 8448 with this piece? The machine is great, I would just like to have this part. Of course Fletcher has not made them for years and could not help me find a diagram or photo. I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks!

Jason,

The clamp on the 84 Series cutters was nothing more than a long strip of L-shaped aluminum. It had a foam strip on the hold down side and the vertical ran perpendicular and to the left side of the two rails.

Two angled slots in the vertical piece allowed screws with nylon bushing to go within and mounted to the top and bottom castings. The angled slots allow the L clamp to drop against the matboard.

If you've handy enough to go through all that, then you might try to purchase a 3000 clamp and figure how to attach it to your old 8400 machine.

If that is too much, then I'd suggest you simply purchase a new F-3000 :D

If got a copy of an old 8400 manual, but it is already a copy of the orginal. If you send me your fax number, I'll forward a few of the pages, for what it's worth.

Regards,

John
Consultant to The Fletcher-Terry Co.

8448 glass cutter

I have a Fletcher 8448 wall unit that works great for me. Problem is, it is missing the bar that holds the matboard in place as you cut it. Does anyone have a diagram or photo of what this bar looks like so I can make my own? Does anyone have an old 8448 with this piece? The machine is great, I would just like to have this part. Of course Fletcher has not made them for years and could not help me find a diagram or photo. I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks!

I have a 8448 and would be glad to take a pic of the bar that holds the matbord, Mine is missing the mat cutter blade holder part #24-400. FT tells me the part is no longer advabile could you send me a pic of this part?

waynezeh@hotmail.com
#

Back